Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,Does anyone else have this seemingly random problem? From time to time when I lift my foot off the accelerator, normally when driving at speeds of 70mph plus, I get a whine or whistle which seems to come from the front of the car and only lasts 2 - 3 seconds at most, and always seems to disappear at below 65mph. It doesn't happen every time, and nor is it consistent. It has been in to the dealer (Robinsons of Norwich), but they can't find anything. Neither can I recreate the problem at will, it just seems to come and go, and does not appear to be related to any locations, road surface, or weather conditions.So,I was wondering if anybody else had experienced a similar noise?Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't had this (yet?)... possibly try to record the sound with your phone if possible... I've found that the dealer always takes more action when they see/hear the fault... plus they may also feel worried that you might post it for the world to see...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too would suggest that it might be turbo related. A turbo only spins up at certain revs, then it spins down when the accelerator-input is reduced ...unlike a compressor which is directly linked to the engine's output.

A turbo, by the way, is effectively a powerful and focused wind generator ;)

Edited by: roytheboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts