Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again. What colour has everyone ordered? I love the white but concerned bout keeping it clean. Also considering silver? Any comments welcome. Thanks in advanceEdited by: Nicki Dawn

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Nicki
The GLA looks very nice in white, however, as you mentioned, if you like to keep
your car spotless, then it can be a real chore. For that reason, I went for mountain grey.
It's a 250 4Matic with hazelnut leather.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I current have both a white car and silver car (not GLA) and they both hide dirt quite well, with the silver being slightly better. But this would not be the deciding factor for me between the two colours.

·
Registered
0 Posts
...probably a bit late now, but I have just collected (a week ago today) our GLA 220 CDI with AMG trim in bright red. The staff in the showroom here in Stratford-upon-Avon reckon they have to get another red one in because they think this model looks great in that colour!!

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
My current car is white and during the summer months it's great, during winter however you tend to get black all over it (especially during snow / slush)

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hate silver with a passion. Why choose such a great looking car and have it the same colour as about 25% of all cars on the road. Yes, it is one of the best colours to hide dirt, but I don't let that affect my decision.
My test drive was in a white GLA, which looked very good, and I was slightly tempted.
I almost went for Mountain Grey (almost as good as Daytona Grey on my Audi) but I fancied a change, and something a bit more interesting.
Ordered Jupiter Red - although I have yet to see one?

Anybody seen and have views on Jupiter Red?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe late to offer feedback now, but I ordered the white car as I checked out the red, black dark grey and brown at the Mercedes Fascination centre in Brussels... the white stood out the most and the design lines looked clearer and sharper... I've driven it now for nearly 2 months in all weathers and it's not done too bad for dirt and grime...

The only issue I've had (which isn't the fault of Mercedes) is that 1 week after getting my car an idiot damaged the door when I was parked at the local Mercedes dealership (he opened his door onto my car with force and put a small dent in it - so he accepted the fault on his insurance)... unfortunately I had to put it through the insurance company repair shop who totally screwed up the colour by using a bright white instead of the Cirrus white... so the moral of the story is to always go to Mercedes to get your paint jobs done (luckily mine is now going to be redone, hopefully in the right colour this time)!

·
Registered
0 Posts
The one that I took for a test drive was white, and looked excellent.
I think that it is really helped by being an off white. We used to have a Mini in a similar colour, which they called Pepper White.
My order has been brought forward a month (6th August) so I will finally see Jupiter Red on a GLA (seen loads of photos).

·
Registered
0 Posts
This post is a bit old, but I got Cosmos Black. Actually the metallic conceals some of the dust, but black is hard to keep clean. White is a piece of cake compared to black. But when it is clean, nothing looks meaner, especially with the Sport Package. We call it the Sport Package in the states, I believe you Brits refer to it as an AMG package. The sport package has 19" AMG rims and AMG ground effects styling without the 355 hp engine.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think there is nothing quite like a black Mercedes although more associated with the larger modelsAnyhow I ordered a black one. Will see how it looks when it arrives

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank God colour choice is such a matter of personal taste, otherwise we'd all be driving the same cars! I used to drive white Mercs in the 80's and 90's, but these days it has to be classy silver ...Silver Arrows and all that! We checked out every GLA colour option in the flesh before ordering, and up to seeing the silver, we were going to go with the mountain grey. But the silver makes for a classy car as well as a rugged car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was a bit wary when specifying white for my GLA but now that it's not been washed for 3 weeks (due to being too busy at work) it's actually looking quiet rugged with mud trails and splats all over the sides, bonnet and tyres... courtesy of the 'no-mans land' car park at the kids football club which has muddy holes everywhere...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts