Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is that as far as I can tell DAB (Digital Radio) used to be standard in the GLA but now seems to be an expensive (£430) option. Anybody know why?
This was a real surprise for me as most cars, even far cheaper ones seem to have DAB as standard these days.
Mercedes seem to have changed the specifications quite a lot given that the car has only been available for a short time.
Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I believe that something else of comparable value became standard this year when the DAB didn't. Was it the auto tail-lift perhaps? You'll probably find that more people cared about whatever was added, than about the DAB radio (I'm guessing).

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
It does seem strange to suddenly start stripping the car of stuff that was standard. I know my BMW never had DAB or NAV as standard but an £8k Renault Twingo does!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I can't speak for MB but when I did a like-for-like comparison of my extras-laden GLA with other compact SUVs, it actually came out very competitively, even without consideration for the reputation of the marque.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really in 2015 DAB should be standard, it pretty much is on every other similar price car and most cheaper ones too. I probably researched at least 20 cars before I bought one and the GLA was the only one without it.
No big issue as I am sure it has things some of the others don't but for me I see DAB as a basic spec item now like Electric Windows, Bluetooth or Cruise Control (especially in a £30k plus price bracket).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts