Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above what real mpg are you cdi gla owners getting?
Cant wait for mine to arrive.will be interesting to see the difference in suspension height as now off road comfort suspension comes as standard on the amgline aswell as the se/sports model.hope its not to much different to the amgline I test drove and ordered when it came with lowered sports dynamic suspension

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a GLA 250 AMG line and I'm showing an average of 32.8mpg after 3,100 miles. This is dropping slightly the more miles I do, but that's because I've been doing mainly short journeys lately.

I know this will sound obvious, but it does very much depend how you drive. I regularly do a five-mile journey across hills to my local swimming pool. If I drive really carefully and take advantage of the chance to coast down the slopes, I can get 40mpg even on this short journey, from a cold start. But if I'm late or have to overtake slow vehicles, I put it into sport mode and floor it, which sees me averaging about 24mpg!

Sorry; just noticed that you asked for CDi figures!

Edited by: roytheboy

·
Registered
5 Posts
My GLA220CDI AMG Line averages a real 47mpg on a 34mile run to and from work but that isn't driving enthusiastically!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seabri said:
My GLA220CDI AMG Line averages a real 47mpg on a 34mile
run to and from work but that isn't driving enthusiastically!
So what is your car's recorded average mpg since new?

If, for the sake of argument, you're getting 45mpg (9.9mpl) compared to my 33mpg (7.3mpl), that's a difference of 12mpg (2.6mpl). At current fuel prices (£1.06 (£4.81 per gallon) and £1.12 (£5.09 per gallon)), if we each drive 10k miles a year, my fuel bill would be £1,458 (10k miles at 33mpg at £4.81pg), and your bill would be £1,131 (10k miles at 45mpg at £5.09pg). That's a difference of £327 each year, which is not exactly horrendous. Can someone check my maths please?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The maths looks good to me! The display indicates 50mpg but I haven't recorded every tank I have filled up with to get an actual average.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Provided you haven't reset the car's trip computer, as you cycle through the trip options on the centre-display, you will see two sets of fuel consumption figures: one 'since start' which shows you your consumption since you started driving without a break of more than an hour or so (IIRC); and the other 'since reset' which shows your consuption since reset (which is probably when you bought the car). That second figure should be very accurate as it is measuring the actual fuel fed to the injectors, so you don't need to record what you put in the tank or when, it just tells you your average consumption based on every drop of fuel used, and every mile that the car knows you have travelled (since the last reset).

·
Registered
0 Posts
I am getting 40mpg from my GLA 220CDI SE 4-Matic. I have done just short of 8000 since May 14 and most of them crawling along the M60 around Manchester and the surrounding roads (average speed only 21mph). On a good run I get 47-48 so not too bad but not the claimed figures but then I never expected to.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I do an EXCEL spreadsheet for my fuel consumption as I believe that the on board computers are a bit ifyMy GLA200AMG Line Diesel is coming up to its first 1000 miles.On a 200 mile round trip I returned 51mpg - this was dual carriageway doing around 60mph.
General short trip running getting 38mpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts