Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick survey to see if they fit any particular make of Tyre as standard ?still waiting for my gla to come but the car i test drove had
18" Yokohama tyres fitted

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm guessing make of tyres depends a lot on the area that you purchase the GLA, right? If I purchase a GLA in the winter would it come standard with winter tyres?
Cheers

·
Registered
0 Posts
learoy said:
no not in uk will all ways come with summer tyres on
So if I purchase a GLA in the winter I would have to purchase winter tyres as well? The dealer should sell the GLA with winter tyres during winter for buyer convenience, I feel. But then again I guess you will need both sets of tyres at the end of the day..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
correct
MercuryMan said:
learoy said:
no not in uk will all ways come with summer tyres on
So if I purchase a GLA in the winter I would have to purchase winter tyres as well? The dealer should sell the GLA with winter tyres during winter for buyer convenience, I feel. But then again I guess you will need both sets of tyres at the end of the day..

·
Registered
55 Posts
All car manufacturers supply UK new cars with summer tyres, period. Most people in the UK drive their cars on summer tyres all year round. The main reason the government doesn't make it law to use winter tyres in winter (as in Germany and some other countries), is - reportedly - that the cost to the country's economy would be too great. There are plenty of web articles on the subject if you google it. After decades of driving on summer tyres all year, last year I bought winters for my new GLA seeing as I live in a rural area where it snows a lot. Regardless of the snow and mud that we encounter, I am now a total convert to the value of winter tyres and would recommend them to anyone in the UK, if only to cope better with heavy rain and cold temperatures.

http://www.glaownersclub.co.uk/foru...ch.co.uk/cars/driving/car-tyres/winter-tyres/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Continental sportcontact 5 on my 220d.

I think they're run flat - which can make the car abit crashey over bumps/ pot holes due to the extra side wall stiffness.. I'm hoping a replacement set of Pirelli or Michelin which are nonrun flat will improve this a little. Has anyone swooped out their contis for non run flat and did it make a difference?

Ps over all I love this car and would still recommend despite a number of minor issues from new -interior panel rattles, collision avoidance sensor replaced twice, and a ratcheting noise when pulling out of junctions occasionally.. All now fixed with the exception of the last one which is in progress

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone got experience of the Dunlop run flats as opposed to Continentals. They seem to have good press comments and are substantially cheaper that other makes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts