Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of new GLA 4matic 22d Prem. Managed to resolve initial queries via the Drivers Manual , but what is the blue P lamp for which pops up when I am going slow?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reply about the blue P parking sign on dash at low speeds.

Hello,

The blue P only shows under 20 mph.

Lets say you are in a carpark and see a space to park in on your left hand side, if you drive slowly past the space you will see an arrow on the left side of the parking sign.

At this point you can choose wether or not to use Park Assist.

If you put the are into reverse, the display will ask you if you want to use Park Assist, select ok.

You then control the accelerator and brake (some automatic models will auto break for you) the car will auto steer and park you in the space, all you have to do is make sure nobody is in the way. and move from reverse to drive once and then back to reverse to complete the manoeuvre.

It will park in a space like at ASDA for example and also parallel park for on-street parking too.

Hope this helps.

See it here:
http://techcenter.mercedes-benz.com/en/active_parking/detail.html

·
Registered
55 Posts
Be warned that if you want to park in a road-side space that is also someone's drive, the car may think that you want to reverse into the drive. That's what happened with me the first time I tried it in anger. Very embarrassing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts