Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiDoes anyone know the wading depth of the GLA (as opposed to the ground clearance)? I had to drive through some quite deep floods recently with the water well above the sills. Emerged unscathed but with so much electrics in the car don't want to risk ruining it allDid a search but the sites with GLA specifications always seem to leave the Wading Depth blank

·
Registered
0 Posts
I thinks it's a foot, I think it may be in the manual, I remember seeing a picture with a water line on it
If I can find it I will post

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eep! I have certainly been through deeper floods than thatI don't suppose it will ever compete with the Evoque (500mm) or the Range Rover (900mm) but it just seem to me that as well as coping with tougher terrain a SUV ought to beableto cope with moderate floodsHappily it has got me through so far. Nevertheless I will be wary

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would imagine that most vehicles can survive deeper depths of water than their published wading depths; but those figures are the ones that the manufacturer will guarantee.

As for the other comparison, despite what MB might want to call it, the GLA is not an SUV. By all normal standrads, it is a crossover, or Compact SUV, which means it's a town-vehicle with some light off-road ability. As you and I have both discovered, the GLA is actually more capable off road than most would ever think, but I don't think it was ever intended to directly compete off road with Range Rovers and Evoques.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please be careful. I have bitter experience of water deeper than that allowed (not in the GLA). It is the location of the air inlet that will catch you out. Once the water gets there it will enter the engine in seconds resulting in catastrophic failure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts