Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being based in Brussels this won't affect most GLA drivers but I thought to write it all the same... I got the yellow engine warning light appear on my speedo instruments on Friday lunchtime (see the attached photo)... so as I was near the Drogenbos Mercedes dealership I did as the manual instructed and popped in to speak to their service department... after standing for 15 minutes listening to the service guy talking to his pal about what plans he had for the weekend I eventually got to speak to him... when I explained the warning light and showed him the photo I took with my phone he simply said 'so?'... this was a question about what did I expect him to do about it... I asked if a technician could have a quick look at it to be sure if it was safe to drive... he explained that everyone was busy for the next three weeks (even though I could see two of them sitting having coffee in a back room)... I then asked him if it was safe to drive till they could arrange a check... he asked if the car was okay to drive, which I said it was... he then replied that it was okay then... so either Mercedes have started to employ service staff who have extra sensory powers which allow them to check cars without even having to leave their desk or this guy was just not interested and wanted to get away early to start the weekend... I then left as he had wandered off again (probably hoping I'd get the message to 'bugger off') and went to my usual dealership in Waterloo which was a 20 minute drive away but I thought it best to take the risk rather than leave it... the reaction there was far better with the technical guy telling me that it was okay to drive with this light as it was a general warning to have it checked and not terminal for the car... he then booked my car in for a check and even arranged a courtesy car for the time they will check it... he also took time to explain the set up and answer a few other questions... so from one terrible excuse of service at the largest Mecrcedes dealership in Brussels to a great service experience at a smaller local MB dealer in Waterloo I am happy with my car again... but I will no longer recommend the main dealership in Drogenbos to my friends anymore as they really don't give a **** about owners... but the local MB dealer will be getting my recco's...:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow that is bad service, something I wouldn't even expect from a budget brand let alone Mercedes. It sounds to me like that service guy needs to go!

Glad you got sorted in the end though, you'll have to let us know what the cause of the light was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts