Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most GLA owners will still be in their first year(s) ownership I'm sharing the info below in case you have any issues with your cars... it's always useful to know if anyone else has the same problem and how they got it sorted:

1. Noise at low speed or when setting off up hill (sounded like a whining noise) = MB replaced complete clutch unit (manual gearbox/petrol engine)

2. Base controls on drivers seat (the wheel that raises the seat under your legs), this kept going down and had to be reset every time when entering the car = MB replaced complete control unit for seat base as it was defective

3. Central support on drivers seat broke (loud cracking noise when it snapped as I was getting in the car) = MB Dealer fixed the fitting

4. Crack/line appeared in EMV screen (noticeable on navi screen top right) = MB replaced complete screen unit

5. Noisy fuel pump (petrol manual) = MB Dealer added extra sound protection

6. Rear drivers side interior light (with pano-roof) fails to work properly (comes on at odd times, but mostly stays off) = MB are still trying to fix this one, possibly due to wiring set up of pano-roof?

7. Pano roof squeek when driving = MB Dealer oiled the rubber seals (they advised me not to use grease or any similar product as this weakens the rubber), it happens if you have wet then hot weather, etc

That's all so far, not major stuff and at least MB have been quick enough to fix things when they've arisen... hope this helps anyone who has the same problems...

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's a shame you've had so many problems, but good that MB have replaced the things that failed. I'm in my second year of ownership (petrol/auto) and have been fortunate not to have had any issues whatsoever, which I expected TBH. And I push my GLA quite hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts