Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new GLA sometimes shoots forward while my foot is not even on the accelerator. It accelerates so fast that my head hits the head rest. I know for a fact that it's not anything that I'm doing, as I've tried to unravel this puzzle, and I've been extremely careful. It only happens in the mornings when I use the vehicle for the first time. Could it be that there is an oversupply of fuel? Has anyone heard of such a problem? This is very dangerous, as I could easily hit a pedestrian or vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new GLA sometimes shoots forward while my foot is not even on the accelerator. It accelerates so fast that my head hits the head rest. I know for a fact that it's not anything that I'm doing, as I've tried to unravel this puzzle, and I've been extremely careful. It only happens in the mornings when I use the vehicle for the first time. Could it be that there is an oversupply of fuel? Has anyone heard of such a problem? This is very dangerous, as I could easily hit a pedestrian or vehicle.
You probably hit the cruise control reset by mistake, its the little button on the end of the cruise control stalk that takes the car back to your last cruise control speed. Did it to me once and is quite frightening, especially on one of Wales's most dangerous roads. Hit the brakes next time and it should stop the acceleration.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would be quickly taking into the dealership for testing, you could quite easily have a serious accident if this is happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts