Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes; there is a big switch in the central display that lights up green when it is on. Just press the switch to disable the Eco Start.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
roytheboy said:
Yes; there is a big switch in the central display that lights up green when it is on. Just press the switch to disable the Eco Start.
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the button but please read my post again, I want to know how topermanently turn off the ECO start stop function.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry! There is nothing about this in the manual so you'll need to ask your local MB dealer if they'll disable it using their STAR system. This is complex to use, apparently, so they may or may not be willing to do this, and that's assuming that the system will allow them to do so, which I would imagine it would.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
roytheboy said:
Sorry! There is nothing about this in the manual so you'll need to ask your local MB dealer if they'll disable it using their STAR system. This is complex to use, apparently, so they may or may not be willing to do this, and that's assuming that the system will allow them to do so, which I would imagine it would.
I will ask when it has its first service, thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I believe its not possible to switch off the eco button permanently, but if you are able to, please let me know as i always switch it off first thing i start the car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally, I don't have a problem with it as it's so quick to start up. It also makes for a quieter journey when there are lots of stops. I've only had the car a few weeks but already I hardly notice what its doing anymore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Permanently turn eco off

Hi,

Has anyone tried the Jag and Range Rover method of turnig eco off by removing the neg earth cable from small eco battery in boot.

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-type-x152-72/how-do-i-disable-auto-start-stop-137510/

How to permantley disable the Eco stop start

Rear of your car,
Lift up the tail gate,
Lift out the boot lining ( there are two sections that just clip out )
You will see two battery's
Do not touch the big battery that's located on the left hand side.

Disconnect the earth terminal on the small battery that's located in the rear center ( the battery looks the same size as a pint of milk in a carton )
Cable tie the earth strap out of the way ( keep it away from the positive lead though!
The above procedure should take no longer than 5 mins.

Job done!
No more forgetting to press your Eco button
No warming lights on your dash,
No cutting out at junctions,
If you feel that your losing 10p a day on fuel simply Reconnect the lead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts