Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,Am a relatively new GLA45 owner and loving every minute of it.Bit of a random question ... I have problems fitting my thermos travel mug into the front cup holder, the base is slightly too large (7cm). I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find any with the right diameter base. I've even tried looking for some kind of insert that would help.Does anyone have a neat solution or a recommendation of a travel mug that fits?Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi - just seen this on ebay - maybe of some use but expensive though!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cupholder-Getrankehalter-A-Klasse-W176-CLA-W117-GLA-X156-Original-Mercedes-NEU-/381147358688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item58be2725e0

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks, looks like that will create some extra space by not having the ticket holder thing in the middle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can take the ticket/coin bar out and use it as it is without having to buy anything new... we sometime do this when using a larger cup... we've also found that travel mugs from car shops seem to fit better as they're designed to be universal, this means they have a smaller base which fits the small drinks holder... or alternatively you could buy one from Mercedes... which might explain the cup holder size ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
How do bottles of Coke fit in there? Bit of a Coke addict, in my current car the bottles always fall out when going round roundabouts etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my GLA last week, the standard holder with the coin holder fitted my Starbucks medium coffe cut and ginger beer from M&S which I think is the same as a coke bottle. Seem very secure as they seem to be a little deeper than my VWs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can now confirm that a standard Coke bottle fits in the holder, and as I mentioned before the holders are quite deep so it seems more secure than my previous VW Passat was.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a heads up, my salesman through in a Mercedes Travel Mug after I joked how small the front cup holder was!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts