Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally have a date for the new Grand Tour show!

Watch the trailer here:

If you've not signed up already, Amazon do a 30 Day free trial and you get free next day delivery etc.
30 Day Free Trial is here: Amazon Prime - 30 Day Free Trial

The first episode of the show will be 70-minutes long and the show is being aired weekly, rather than all released at once like many other online shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
The Grand Tour boys have released the first full length trailer, I have already watched this more times than I have seen the new top gear!

Plus I think you'll be able to watch the first couple of episodes free as mentioned above by signing up to the free trial.

Sign up here for a 30 day free trial just before the show starts: http://amzn.to/2dpPA8g - just remember to cancel afterwards. If you time it right you should be able to watch the first four episodes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
ITV is among a host of broadcasters banging down Amazon's door to get hold of the television rights to "The Grand Tour" after it launches on Prime Video in November. Presented by former "Top Gear" host Jeremy Clarkson, it is one of Amazon's most valuable video properties.

The tech giant has so far been steadfast in its view that it has "no interest" in licensing the original series to network and cable TV companies.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The first episode of The Grand Tour is great fun, they certainly haven't lost their sense of humour or toned it down!

The inter-team bickering is still there and there's a few comedic digs at the "new and original" format.

There's lots of fast cars, power-slides and slow-mo shots with the whole lot presented in beautiful 4K!

This is the lightning in the bottle that the BBC failed to capture with their Top Gear re-boot!

Simply Brilliant!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Join my facebook page and we can help keep users active and get more questions answered etc

Gla owners club

https://www.facebook.com/groups/574043749465361/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been enjoying the series but not as much as I used to enjoy them on Top Gear. A bit too fake and over the top.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Grand Tour season 2 trailer: teaser released on Amazon Prime

The never-before-seen footage, our first fleeting look at the new series, sees the three hosts in Mozambique, Switzerland and the UK, and features footage of the trio taking to the skies, as well as driving in the requisite fast cars.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Richard Hammond Takes First Drive After Accident

In the clip shown on DriveTribe captioned: “Today I took my first drive since my recent visit to Shuntsville" Hammond can be seen enjoying his classic Ford Mustang GT. The presenter's love for classic American muscle cars is well known. Hammond even went as far as to say that he pities the people who don't understand their appeal.

"This feels better than the first time, being 17 and given the keys to freedom because this time, I'm ready. This is beautiful, thank you, doctors, thank you. I shouldn't even be sharing this moment; it feels too personal right now ... I mean I'm dressed, but I feel like I'm not," Hammond states.

https://drivetribe.com/p/back-behind-the-wheel-EST5CpXTTKWAOQto-NMz5g?iid=eFNJh_9bSqq1NTlOdkyzqQ

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May return for a new season of the world's greatest show about three middle-aged men rampaging around the world having unusual adventures, driving amazing cars, and engaging in a constant argument about which of them is the biggest idiot. Although it's also the only show that combines these things so the 'greatest' title is pretty much uncontested.

Watch the trailer here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0731TZ1YR/ref=dv_tgt2_rw_pri_pro/262-9311775-3346123

·
Registered
75 Posts
On now so going to watch it tonight: A back-to-basics car comparison, in which Hammond, Clarkson and James May test out three new supercars in Switzerland. Caveman Clarkson, representing the past, drives a diesel-guzzling Lamborghini. Middle-of-the-road May tests a hybrid Honda, and gadget-loving Hammond drives a 1,241 horsepower Rimac straight over the edge of a cliff, by mistake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shades of the glory days of old Top Gear and bodes well for the rest of the series. As many have said, thankfully Celebrity Braincrash has been dropped and so has the irritating American.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts