Mercedes GLA Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
My car has now spent another three days at the local dealership and the Service Manager checked what the last software update was meant to do - guess what, fixing boot locking problems.

Well I wait to see what happens but in the meantime, for those of you having similar problems, I suggest you get the latest software update.

Hope this helps

Boot closure problems

My boot won't always close properly if I use the key fob to open it. it goes down then jumps a third up again. I then have to use the door button to get it fully open. Very frustrating and I've had kind people telling me it's come open! After I thought it was securely locked. The MB Chester dealers were hopeless and didn't solve the problem.They made me feel that I'd imagined it but my partner has also noticed the same issue with it. It is a shame because I'm quite pleased with the car otherwise.
Can anyone recommend a good MB dealership near North Wales/Chester that might be better at diagnostics?

I live near Chester, but used the Shrewsbury dealership for the servicing of my previous C-Class. They were very professional and competent - I'd trust them as far as any other good MB dealership. However, when it came to ordering a new GLA, the Shrewsbury salesman would not give me a penny off the price for being a loyal customer - not a penny! So I went to the Chester dealership and got the same response. I wasn't very impressed with the Chester dealership, which lacked all the usual MB finesse and ambiance, on many levels. I ended up popping in to the Beaconsfield dealership on the way to London, and immediately negotiated over £1k off the asking price for a GLA, and have been back for the first service. They are very good :)

So, unless you fancy a trip to London, I can recommend the Shrewsbury dealership, as long as you're not after a bit of discount off a new car.

Hi everyone first post here, I have a 2014 220cdi Amg line and I too have had a few examples of my boot being opened. I had always assumed I'd sat on my key as it only happens out side the house. However if there's a endemic problem then it needs fixing as there won't be anything left in the car at all if that's open all night where I live, and I'm talking seats etc.

Shitting it had a problem a couple of times but both times e parcel shelf was slightly mispositioned. Not by much but Enough for the sensors to work.

Today I have experienced the boot opening by itself on my 250 AMG Line. Boot was full of frost and ice; lucky it wasn't raining or the sub might've bitten the dust. Given the boot is electric, there can't be any user error in closing, and given it's empty nothing can be caught.Calling MB this morning.

Hi David

I have the very same issue. I am really annoyed about this. I changed the key /cost 280.00 ..ok for a while.
key went faulty after one year only. I got a copy key for £130.00 from Smart key. After one week, found the **** boot open again
outside the house. The guy said probably a short circuit on the key. He basically copied a faulty key it seems with same issue.
It is my first Mercedes 220 CDI . I have no problem with the car,very happy. It is just the key that is driving me crazy and if it rains
more problems with an open boot. Nobody seems to have the answer to this. Is it the key? or is it the lock. It only happens when I am within
a 10-15m radius it appears. I asked Mercedes to programme a complete new key.. quote £380.00 but not sure if that solves the problem.
Can anybody throw some light on this annoying issue with a top class car from a top company.

tailgate opening without apparent reason when locked

Hi David

I have the very same issue. I am really annoyed about this. I changed the key /cost 280.00 ..ok for a while.
key went faulty after one year only. I got a copy key for £130.00 from Smart key. After one week, found the **** boot open again
outside the house. The guy said probably a short circuit on the key. He basically copied a faulty key it seems with same issue.
It is my first Mercedes 220 CDI . I have no problem with the car,very happy. It is just the key that is driving me crazy and if it rains
more problems with an open boot. Nobody seems to have the answer to this. Is it the key? or is it the lock. It only happens when I am within
a 10-15m radius it appears. I asked Mercedes to programme a complete new key.. quote £380.00 but not sure if that solves the problem.
Can anybody throw some light on this annoying issue with a top class car from a top company.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.