Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take delivery of a 2015 220CDI 4MATIC next week. Its AMG line. In the spec it states it has the off road Pack, What suspension will I get? The lowered or the standard higher suspension thats on the 2015 car?
Edited by: RDP

·
Registered
55 Posts
Croeso, RDP :)

As I understand it from what others have said, both the standard and AMG line cars have the same suspension this year, which is higher than the standard 2014 suspension, and higher still than the lower 2014 AMG line suspension (as fitted to my car). The 2015 suspension gives you greater ground clearance for those Welsh mountain roads, but slightly more roll during cornering (but not too much, apparently).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roytheboy
I can't wait for delivery. I have ordered a C220CDI 4matic in white, AGM line with the night pack. Its got the premium plus pack also. I travel from south to north Wales once or twice a month throughout the year, so will appreciate the 4matic in the winter. I have previously had to turn around at the Sugar Loaf mountain due to snow (driving a BMW 5 series). I was hoping the suspension would be the higher variant so pleased to hear that will be the case (hopefully). It wasn't clear from the order sheet at the dealer. Getting excited about the handover and trying out all the bells and whistles!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great post, the GLA looked like it performed impressively. I must admit I didn't think it would be up to the snow covered roads you encountered. It very reassuring to see it in action. The technology from the larger 4x4 mercs really seems to have fed down. Cant wait to take mine out for a mid Wales run!
Edited by: RDP

·
Registered
0 Posts
RDP said:
Great post, the GLA looked like it performed impressively. I must admit I didn't think it would be up to the snow covered roads you encountered. It very reassuring to see it in action. The technology from the larger 4x4 mercs really seems to have fed down. Cant wait to take mine out for a mid Wales run!
I agree, I read that post months ago when I was first browsing here and it certainly gives you confidence in the GLA's abilities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts