Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GLA 220cdi AMG Line+++ 8500mls. Had a problem with my sunroof the other day! Nice sunny day and the sunroof would not open, even the sunshade would not retract. Tried all the usual stuff but still no go. Eventually at the dealers after closing car, locking it and waiting a few minutes it all started to work again. A bit emabarrassing as I did try that before calling in to the dealer. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. Good thing it wasn't stuck open in the rain, though it is supposed to close automatically if it rains when left open. Work that one out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sun shade in my 250GLA got stuck open and repeated attempts to operate it resulted in snapping off. The car is booked for first service next week anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,I've not had your problem, but a few weeks ago my sunroof started to rattle like an old tin can. So it went in to the dealer and they fixed it. Only now, it won't shut properly. when I close it, it will either shut and then go straight to tilt, or shut and then open again by about 5 inches. I have tried to reset the roof on tilt, fully open and close, but it hasn't made any difference. It goes b ack in to the dealer this week.I know it's not your problem, but interested to hear if this has happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an update to my problem, should anyone else experience the same thing. It's all fixed and working fine now. It appears that the sunroof needed to be reset via the computer in the dealer rather than following the reset instructions in the drivers handbook.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sunroof was replaced yesterday and MB staff were very helpful. A gold star for Marshalls of Blackpool.
LAA
Preston

1 - 7 of 7 Posts