Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I picked up my 250 a few days ago, absolutely delighted.
However, there are two issues bugging me.

1. An intermittent subtle jerk just as the car is about to come to a stop in traffic.

2. There is approximately 5-10mm of travel in the accelerator pedal before the car moves.
Anyone with the 7G DCT box experiencing anything similar?

Thanks
Edited by: NTT

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on the above.

My car started selecting neutral intermittently when I took a turn and pressed the accelerator, so I booked the car in.

I had a gearbox and engine software update, and wow, what difference.

All the symptoms mentioned above have disappeared, a very different car.
The gearbox used to select 1st just as you were about to come to complete stop, this generated a subtle jerk, it's all gone. What now happens is it stays in 2nd until you come to a stop, then after a couple of seconds, it selects 1st.
My car is a June 2014, so anyone with the 7DCT for gearbox and a 250 petrol for engine software updates.
The dealer said it took them a considerable amount of time to complete the updates.

Very happy

·
Registered
0 Posts
I understand the 250 models post Sept 2014 came with the gearbox updates. I had mine done and wow, it made a big difference!

·
Registered
0 Posts
On my 45 AMG the pedal indeed has some "slack" movement before the revs pick up, more noticeable in Eco mode due to gearbox settings, less so in sport, however, I am getting used to it and to be honest whilst running in the car the "slack" helps keeping the revs below the 4500/5000 mark, still quick enough!

·
Registered
0 Posts
NTT - i think you need to send the car to a dealer for a gearbox software update. Mine improves tremendously after the update, the jerk almost gone and the throttle more responsive,

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Adjar.
I did 3 weeks ago, and wow, it's a very diffent car.
And in 'S' mode theres lots of excitement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts