Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday my wife and 2 children were in the car, and after 12miles ish the cabin started to fill with smoke. She stopped the car and then could see smoke coming from under the bonnet. 18 plate 220D with less that 800 on the clock. It's now back at Mercedes Milton Keynes but they cant see anything wrong with it. They've said a possible re gen but this would show on the EMS?? RAC told us not to drive, but MB say no fault found. Not willing to put my young girls back in the car until we've got a confirmed cause of the smoke.

Anyone with any ideas....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds daft but my first thoughts were do you live in the countryside near trees etc? We had an issue for a while with a pine martin that kept trying to eat his way into our engine, he got bored and moved onto my neighbours car Citroen and ate most of their bonnet insulation which then caused a fire... or alternatively there's something been left in the engine bay that is near a hot point that has started to burn (ie. paper or sticker from delivery that has either burned away or dropped down after part burning = hence it's no longer there or causing a problem)... but you're right to keep it safe as I've been in a car that's gone on fire and it isn't fun, especially with seat belts and auto door locks etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts