Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the annual or monthly Sales Figures are for the GLA?
Just interested because since I ordered one about 3 weeks ago I have only seen 4 on the roads and I think one of them was the same car twice! (I do quite a bit of driving on motorways etc).
In my opinion this is a good thing as the other car I was going to get was a BMW 3 Series and I can see 3 of them before I leave my street!
Anybody got any ideas, done a search on the Web but could not find anything specific?
Thanks Nick.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have no idea, but ever since I first ordered my car last summer, I can count on one hand the number of GLAs I've seen on the road.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's a very good thing. The new C Class, although released after the GLA is way too common at the moment.
Not good for C Class residuals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the other hand, you could take the view that as reviews are moderate for the GLA maybe people don't put them on the radar as a potential buy.
I know that was the story for me, I was actually in the garage test driving a C class when my wife spotted the GLA and we test drove that and bought it!
This was totally against all me research where I specifically focused on top rated cars. However that does not factor in the feeling you get from some cars when you get in them, for me the GLA had some X factor!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, I must have fallen into the classification of a salesman's dream. Both of us were just browsing and upon an approach I stated that I'd seen a concept drawing of this car to which he said "do you mean this one?" And, well, yes it was actually! Sold! So I got the first one in town. So I bought a number plate which had the letters GLA and, well, they (Mercedes) got lots of calls stating that they had seen the demo car and could they try it please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Being lucky enough to have the first GLA 200 in Belgium for over a year now I got quiet used to be 'exclusive' for a short while... but now it seems every other car is now a GLA, guess that's expected for a nice car... mainly see it in black, grey or brown... not many white ones about thankfully...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Same here in the states. I didn't see another GLA here in Georgia for the first 5 months I owned it. I've seen 4 in the last 2 months, but I think a white one was the same car twice. I asked about sales at my dealership, and she indicated they were picking up, but she didn't sound real convincing. Reviews I read are not that great, but they seem to focus on what the car isn't. It isn't as good as an $80,000 Mercedes or a $60,000 Porsche Macan, but they don't seem to focus on the positive aspects of whatthis car really is. There are aspects of this car that really make me feel like I'm driving it, and some people who review cars don't seem tolike those qualities. It is what it is, like it or don't.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I do see a lot of BMW X1's though (there are two in our street alone). They must be selling considerably better than the GLA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts