Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, probably a stupid question but how can I tell if my GLA has a reverse camera fitted?

I believed it had, and when I select reverse gear a small camera opens up on the tailgate, but no image ever appears on the screen. Is the lens fitted as standard but I need to have the actual camera or wiring fitted as an option?

It is a lease car so I am struggling to get the info through them, and dont want to go to my Merc dealer and say my reverse camera isnt working only for them to tell me I dont have one.

It is a 220 CDI AMG Line if it matters.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you access the "System/Settings" menu on the i"Pad" display (what is it called?), there is an option for the Camera. It either says "engage with R" or "open cover".
I think all the GLA's are supposed to have a working Rear view camera.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is supposed to....
http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/e-brochures/gla-class.pdf
<blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;"><Quote>Let's face it: reversing and parking are not the mostexciting part of driving. But what used to be tricky at timesis now effortless thanks to the reversing camera, fittedas standard on the GLA. As soon as the driver selectsreverse gear, it is automatically switched on and showsthe area behind the vehicle on the tablet-style display.Dynamic guidelines provide clear orientation formanoeuvring. Also, when reversing out of a drive orparking space, the driver can switch to a wide-angle 180°view to help recognise approaching pedestrians orvehicles sooner. After use, the camera automatically foldsin again to protect it from dust and dirt</QUOTE>

</blockquote>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, yes it gives me those options. If I select open cover it does that, but no image. I have toggled both settings on and off but still no image ever.

Guess that confirms my thoughts. Thanks guys. I will drop it in to the dealer to check out.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts