Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI...

I was driving on some very narrow roads in the Lake District yesterday, and decided to pull my door mirrors in. Except that they did not retract. I tried various times, until suddenly they did retract. Then I un-retracted them and retracted them again, but they did not retract! Bugger, I thought; my first GLA fault! But then I remembered the fun and games I had with the auto dipping headlights that dipped below a certain speed, and tried a similar exersize with the mirrors.

Yes, you guessed it: the mirrors will only retract if you press the button at speeds below 30mph. I don't remember seeing that one in the manual!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Maybe if your driving on roads that narrow you have to retract your door mirrors for - you should have been going less than thirty anyway! (or not).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was within sight of the narrowing of the roads, retracting the mirrors whilst I could turn my attention to the buttons without missing something important ahead of me. But anyway, it's not a big issue, I just thought I'd let you know in case someone else jumps to the same conclusion that I did. It doesn't help that my previous Merc retracted its mirrors at any speed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Knowing MB, it'll be their interpretation of a law that has nothing to do with door mirrors! (they seem to err on the side of caution where the law is concerned).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts