Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Are you seeing gains also at lower rpm pronly after 2500? How about the throttle response?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st and 2nd factory software locked by ecu mbbut 3rd and restupwards totally different car, pulls much better... read the a class forums lots of info

·
Registered
0 Posts
I fitted my Renntech on Friday and am really pleased with it. The engine pulls much harder now right through the rev range - it's turned an already quick car into something that feels extraordinary. I'm running mine on setting 5 with either V-Power or Tesco momentum fuel (both 99 RON). Rennetch in Germany told me that that setting 5 and 6 is ok with 99 RON but 97 RON should only be used with setting 3 or 4. Settings 1 and 2are for standard 95 RON.May I ask what setting you've gone for?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
standard default at 4 drives like a dream so much pull dropping to 4th on motorway for overtaking you need to carefully watch the speedo... but for that 5 secs it is unbelievably fast and the car is so sure footed.. hate to think what a set of KW coilovers would do to enhance the drive.. weistec do a nice down and mid pipe and think better cooling heat shield to add a bit more spice to the drive..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ithink I'lldrop mine to 4; it came set at 6 and I dropped it to 5, but for the small difference in performance, itmight be better to have it set at 4 and know it'll be fine even ifthere is a rare occasion when I can't get 99 RON.I see that AMG saying that the A45'll get more power as standard next year so that they keep ahead of the new Audi RS3. They'll probably just flash the ECU to the same specs as we're already running
http://www.worldcarfans.com/115011587356/facelifted-mercedes-a45-amg-to-get-a-power-boost

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wiz said:
I see that AMG saying that the A45'll get more power as standard next year so that they keep ahead of the new Audi RS3. They'll probably just flash the ECU to the same specs as we're already running
Nope not just a flash to the ECU.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
BasilD said:
Mmmm, do you have a source for that? I've spoken to a guy who works for AMG and he said it's going to be a remap of the ECU?? Also of course they will say the map cannot be used on previous modelsbecausethey want people to upgrade their car, not just their ECU
.Oh and keyless go will be available as an option at last....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wiz said:
BasilD said:
Mmmm, do you have a source for that? I've spoken to a guy who works for AMG and he said it's going to be a remap of the ECU?? Also of course they will say the map cannot be used on previous modelsbecausethey want people to upgrade their car, not just their ECU
.Oh and keyless go will be available as an option at last....
You need to bear 1 thing in mind with regards most manufacturers when they do performance increase on an existing engine they are designed to run in all the markets they sell in. Having a car that should only be run on 98 octance fuel which is what most of these aftermarket remaps recommend is a non starter for manufacturers.

So yes there is more then just a ECU upgrade, not massive amounts but it will depends on the final tune they decide on.. If you have a look on the net for A45 engine pictures you will see how they test the engine in the engine dyno. Have a good look at all the stuff they have on the engine in that pic and you will get an idea of just what will/possibly will be changed. In a short mostly intake related and cooling related.

Keyless go is an option now for all new GLA's (if memory serves) in the UK and has been from release in Germany. Bear in mind that it is each countries responsability to spec there cars and options they want. The UK acutally specced a very high spec on there inital release models both as standard and as options.

·
Registered
0 Posts
BasilD said:
Having a car that should only be run on 98 octance fuel which is what most of these aftermarket remaps recommend is a non starter for manufacturers.
You might want to bear in mind that inside the filler cap on my GLA45 - (and on my friends Golf R) there is already a big sticker put on at the factory which says "98 RON FUEL ONLY".So not exactly a non-starter

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wiz said:
BasilD said:
Having a car that should only be run on 98 octance fuel which is what most of these aftermarket remaps recommend is a non starter for manufacturers.
You might want to bear in mind that inside the filler cap on my GLA45 - (and on my friends Golf R) there is already a big sticker put on at the factory which says "98 RON FUEL ONLY".So not exactly a non-starter
Fair enough was not aware that they had this on the UK cars, but they certainly do not do that in all countries as they do not have such high octane fuels.

Anyways the changes are more then just a remap as I menioned previously.

Edited by: BasilD

·
Registered
10 Posts
GLA UK 45 said:
You have actually not mentioned anything previously... lol
Read my previous post where I say mostly intake related. That is on top of the new ecu map. Their were other bits and pieces mentioned on top of the bits I saw but like I said depends on the final tune they go for.

Although when these are due I am not sure but seem to remember reading somewhere that the GLA was due a mild refresh new incar tech wise (a la the facelifted A class so going from NTG4.5c to NTG 5 for comand) and I think and that it would be introduced then (late 2016)? Maybe a mild refresh of the gla range as well as this new upgraded GLA45 tune... Either way I expect to see something about this later this year (possibly on the run up to the Frankfurt motorshow?).

Edited by: BasilD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yes but without being able to quote a source orreference for the information though, the claim that there will be more than just an ECU change is just wild speculation and can't be passed off as fact.According to Luke at Renntech, most A45/GLA45 they dyno are already making around 370 bhp on 99 RON fuel(dyno graphs on the A Classforum) so for AMG to squeeze another 10 bhp out of a car that's already specified as needing to run on 98 RON fuel wouldn't need anything more than a very mild ECU tweek.If you actually have a source you can quote that shows they'll be doing more than that, I'd love to learn more - otherwise it's just hearsay.
Edited by: Wiz

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes I see but Intake and heat shield cooling has been established by aftermarket tuners, rebellion and weistec, after all MB really want to still be King for fastest car, so a tweak ECUis in order for the next face lift especially the A Class as the hand built engine has promise since its evolution and been proven, it probably needs a faster spooling Turbo considering development of the original and failures already on the net.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah had seen it and another Rebellion 2 both awesome, so the engine limit has not been found yet...these will still be quicker than the face lift in the next 2 - 3 years...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts