Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting for new 220. My current car (BMW 330d Touring) has a key that allows you to open the boot with the remote. Trouble is the boot opened at 50mph with my dog in the back! And it's twice been left open all night. All due to remote boot opener being pressed accidentally with it in my pocket!

I'm told the Merc operates differently and won't open, via the remote when moving. However will it open if say car is locked and I accidentally press the remote while not in the car?

Merc have offered to supply a key without the boot opening button but wondered if standard key may still work.

Thanks

Daz

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had the MB boot/tailgate button on my MB keys for years and have never accidental opened either. As said, you have to keep your thumb pressed down for more than a light touch.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
A previous BMW I had you needed to hold the button in to open the boot, also a sign came up on the dash to tell you it was open. It was the model where you had to push the fob into the dash though so I'm not sure what would happen if it was kept in my pocket all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts