Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked Up my new AMG GlA on Monday, have only done 129miles, went to park car on drive at home, lots of smoke coming from under car through bonnet and over windscreen, Freaked the wife out, called MB Assist who had the car recovered to main dealer, who checked over to say that car had done a regen and was burning of soot that had built up, anyone heard of this happening so soon for a new vehicle, and of course the smoke was from the wax and sealant's on the new vehicle so they say ?, as the exhaust burs at 1000degAlso MB forgot to put premium pack on the car, was on the order form, but as we had so many extras I missed it as well as the salesman, MB are going to build a new one and exchange for me hopefully,but otherwise car is fine, Wife wont drive it now after the smoke issue, even though the MB Dealer has explained why it happened,

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
As far as I know it doesn't do a regen on your drive, it only does it whilst maintaining a constant speed - 60ish mph.
Welcome to the forums though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i assumed and have experienced before, however i was wrong it did perform a regen as told by MB senior technician after they plugged in and done the diagnostics, will know for sure today if MB will build a new vehicle and exchange at their expense, Wife still wont drive it, she did say i don't like the colour also now, after deliberating for days on choosing the colour when purchasing this one, Not sure if MB will let us change the colour on the re-build but we will wait and see, Also surprised i have not been offered more than a verbal apology as well, after spending that kind of money i would expect more !

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All Mercedes have agreed their error in not putting on the premium pack, and as this is only done in the factory, Theyhave arranged to build another new vehicle for me and I can have on the new registration plate as well very soon, They said keep this one until it arrives and have some fun in it !! Oh I amWhen the new one arrives I will be crawling all over it with a fine tooth comb at the showroom, and will be expecting additional complimentary offers from them as well, ps.I have a Becker Map pilot that will be surplus to requirements when the new vehicle arrives, so any decent offers accepted, The one I purchased to tie me over was a 2014 version, but can be updated at a price with Beckerwhich I have not done as I knew the replacement new vehicle would come with the latest spec. I also hope this one will not do a regeneration and burn soot off after only a few miles while stationary on the driveway, Freaked the wife out first time round if it happens again she will definitely not want to driveit again! fingers crossed Legin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts