Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearing my first A service (30k km)... bit surprised by the level of rattles and squeeks from inside the car, especially from the Pano roof which sounds like loose wiring and possibly a loose panel somewhere... I hope that MB will be able to resolve this as coming from a Lexus which was always solid I'm surprised that a new car should develop this so quickly... will advise the dealer feedback...

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
What about giving the channels a good clean, making sure nothing is loose and then making sure its all greased up enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine also has had no rattles....

Well it had one very annoying rattle and when I found what it was well... simple thing...it was the free keyring rattling agains the metal of the key. Soon sorted by changing the keyring

Edited by: BasilD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alas Brussels has no end of cobbled streets which are in dire need of rebuilding, so my GLA has regularly got to suffer the bumpy uneven roads every day, hence the rattles and squeaks... it's also due to the sub-zero temperatures as well, when things are cold the panels don't flex the same way... but the main issues with my GLA are loose wires which I'm trying to resolve myself with foam and insulation tubes... so far I fixed three out of five...

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you've got time, show us your fixes (pictures?) and locations of the rattles and squeaks.
Would be great to know in-case others come across the same.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sounds like Mercedes is rushing to get their cars to the dealerships before final testing of nuts and bolts!This is not acceptable to purchase any car brand new and have this happen, especially from a brand like Mercedes Benz.
Cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts