Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Apologies for the simple question.

I'm going to be buying a GLA 200d/220d AMG Line Premium Plus.

Mostly going to be paying the cost up front so the price of a brand new 2017 model is slightly out of my price range.

Looking at recent used cars.

I've found some that are 65, 16 and 17 reg plates which I'm confused which models are.

I know the "facelift" was in 2017, but some of the 16 reg cars I've seen have identical interiors to the new 2017 models? Including the flat 8" screen with no bezel (whereas the 65 reg cars have the old style media screen with a raised plastic bezel around the screen), AMG flat bottomed steering wheel, centre console, electric seat controls on the front doors etc. But then the 16 reg cars have the old grille, and the 17 ones have the new style.

So that seems to me to mean that there are three different model types? 2015, 2016 and 2017? Is that correct? Seems quite confusing. Does anyone have a detailed list of what the differences are between the model types? I've found mostly vague descriptions but nothing that explicitly compares them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And is there anywhere I can check what the differences are between AMG line features for those years, and Premium/Premium Plus features? For example, if it was a premium/plus from 2016, will it have all the features of a premium/plus from 2017 or did they change things around in the refresh? Or do I run the risk of looking at a Premium 2016 and it not having Parking Pilot/electrically folding mirrors/Apple CarPlay etc when the equivalent 2017 version would have all of those?

·
Registered
128 Posts
You might be able to find the old sales brochure online somewhere. Mercedes tweaked a lot throughout the years, for example DAB was standard at one point, then it became an option! Makes it very hard to compare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts