Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I picked my new GLA on the 17th march and was pleasantly surprised to find that blind spot assist was active on the car even though I had not specified the drivers assistance package. So I then thought maybe the other parts of the package were also installed and active. Alas, I have not been able to find any evidence of this having followed the users manual that has instructions on how to use such things as lane tracking and distronic plus.

So my question is does anyone know if on the UK spec the blind spot assist is a standard feature. Note,that I had the premium plus package and COMAND online specified at time of ordering but certainly not blind spot assistance. Additionally, does anyone know how to spot if the lane tracking camera and distronic plus hardware is installed or not. I can see a couple of cameras on the front windscreen but unable to confirm what they do.

Of course I could always go back to dealership to see if they can explain what features are installed on the car.

Any help and advice gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Bhavin

·
Registered
2 Posts
The car I took on a test drive last week had command online and premium plus but no active assist (so the salesman told me) and yet the blind spot was active on that one. Maybe it does come as standard. I hope so. I haven't specified the driver's assistance package but do like the blind spot assist. Don't get mine until Easter so envious of those of you out there that have taken delivery.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi Behavin,
I have a 250 with the Premium package but without the Comand package and mine does not have the blind spot assist.
I have just posted technical as the permanent display in mine show km/h next to the time and I can't change it. What does yours have?
Stege

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MercMan,

Thanks for your response and a sort of confirmation that the blind spot assist feature was also activated on the car you tested. I'm glad to have this feature as I found out on Saturday driving on the M40 collecting my daughter from university for her Easter break. The drive was enhanced by having this and in the end began to trust its judgement with caution of course as we still have to double check over your shoulder.

Still, I'm happy with my GLA which drive very well, has plenty of pull especially going uphill and the AMG line seats are surprisingly comfortable. I'm going to contact mercedes uk to see if they can shed any light on the activation of this feature and will post back if I get a sensible response.

I hope you enjoy your GLA when you take delivery of it.

Bhavin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

Assuming that you are buying a UK spec version which I believe will not (by default) allow your to change the permanent display to show anything other than KM/h. This is apparently to do with complying with EU regulations about being able to show KM/H for the rare occasion when taking your car to mainland Europe as the normal speedometer is in MPH.

From my google research and postings on other mercedes forums, I believe you can ask the dealer to enable this using their STAR computer interface to modify the cars computer and enable the ability to display MPH, KMH or the outside temperature. Note, that the dealer may charge a fee to do this to confirm that they are doing this at the owners request. They may also refuse to do it so you may need to try different dealers as some do and other don't.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that we cannot change this as mercedes have misinterpreted the EU regulation and won't admit to it. Most of us UK owners will spend the majority of our time if not all of it in the UK and it's really annoying that we can't change the display to our choosing.

I hope this information clarifies your query as the users guide is unhelpful on this matter,

Bhavin

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently I have a B class and was equally frustrated by the KMH display.

I have overcome that by using the button on the steering wheel (Up/Down on the left) by which you can have the MPH displayed in the middle of that screen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Distronic plus, as part of the Driver Assitance Package will have a cruise control stalk with the ability
to set the distance required between you and the car in front. this is normally done be twisting the
end of the stalk.

I will ask for a part refund, if blind spot assist is now standard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts