Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I have my shiny new car now but notice that on the dash the 'PASSENGER AIR BAG ... OFF' light is permanently illuminated. I have called the dealership but they seem to think that this is correct. I am however unconvinced. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The words 'passenger airbag' stay on, but the symbols either side should change according to who is or isn't in the passenger seat. Have you checked that its not manually disabled? The manual explains it clearly...

<div ="instruction" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255;"><div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">PASSENGER AIR BAG ON indicator lamp
and PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF indicator lamp
are part of the automatic deactivation system of the front-passenger front airbag.<div ="ul-element" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">The indicator lamps display the status of the front-passenger front airbag.<ul ="inner-ul" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 20px;">[*]<div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">PASSENGER AIR BAG ON lights up: the front-passenger front airbag is enabled. If, in the event of an accident, all deployment criteria are met, the front-passenger front airbag is deployed.[*]<div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF lights up: the front-passenger front airbag is disabled. It will then not be deployed in the event of an accident.[/list]<div ="ul-element" style="color: rgb102, 102, 102; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-trans: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Depending on the person in the front-passenger seat, the front-passenger front airbag must either be disabled or enabled; see the following points. You must make sure of this both before and during a journey.<ul ="inner-ul" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 20px;">[*]<div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">Children in a rearward-facing child restraint system:the PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF indicator lamp must be lit. The front-passenger front airbag is disabled. It is imperative to observe the notes on the "Automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation system"moreand on "Children in the vehicle"more.[*]<div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">Children in a forward-facing child restraint system:depending on the installed child restraint system and the age and size of the child, the front-passenger front airbag is either disabled or enabled. Therefore, it is imperative to observe the notes on the "Automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation system"moreand on "Children in the vehicle"more.[*]<div ="p-text" style="margin: 5px 0px; line-height: 15px;">All other persons:the PASSENGER AIR BAG ON indicator lamp must be lit. The front-passenger front airbag is enabled. Depending on the build of the person on the front-passenger seat, the PASSENGER AIR BAG OFF indicator lamp may light up. The front-passenger front airbag is disabled. It will then not be deployed in the event of an accident. In this case, the front-passenger seat should not be used.[*]It is imperative to observe the notes on the "Automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation system"moreas well as on "Seat belts"moreand "Airbags"more. There you can also find information on the correct seat position.[/list]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, that's standard in all MB cars - there's a weight sensor in the seat. On my previous car a beeper would keep warning me that my shopping bag had not secured itself with the seat belt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts