Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Is there a way to turn up the beeping from the parking sensors?
Most of the time it doesn't beep till you are really really close to something and even when it does beep it's not that loud.
Is there some setting somewhere I can change the volume and the display as I find the camera sometimes to be slightly off.

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
55 Posts
This has been asked before, and I think the answer was 'no'. Watch the indicators on the dash and in your rear-view mirror, as these are very accurate and start from quite a distance. There is also a proximity display on the main monitor, which you can see whilst looking at the rear camera display..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi folks
Is there a way to turn up the beeping from the parking sensors?
Most of the time it doesn't beep till you are really really close to something and even when it does beep it's not that loud.
Is there some setting somewhere I can change the volume and the display as I find the camera sometimes to be slightly off.

Cheers

Al
I'm an old git and getting hard of hearing and the loudness of the parking sensors was grossly inadequate for my ears. I'm pretty sure I asked this question too and the answer was not possible. I do plan on asking when I'm at the dealers next.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sent an email to the dealer and he has contacted mb tech to get an answer. Will see if anything can be done.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Audi let you program the loudness of them in some models... Just saying!

What about finding where the beeps come from and either repositioning the speaker or try removing some of the shielding around it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Audi let you program the loudness of them in some models... Just saying!

What about finding where the beeps come from and either repositioning the speaker or try removing some of the shielding around it?
It only beeps when you are very very close to an object otherwise it's silent so finding the speaker isn't going to help.
Dealers did come back to me and said its a visual rather than audio thing that mb uses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts