Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GLA 220 AMG and tried out Park Assist this afternoon. It works fine when I park on the left but does not seem to work when I try to park on the right. I asked at the dealership this afternoon and was told that I need to be indicating right for PA to work. However, I've just tried again, indicating right as instructed, but PA is not coming on.

Is this something new ... perhaps to stop people parking against the traffic flow? What am I to do when driving abroad?

Thanks in advance.

R-t-B

·
Registered
0 Posts
They are right you need to indicate, nice and early too! It works for me every time but you have to do it early and make sure it doesn't cancel half way past the space.

If you are slow moving it picks up without indicating for me sometimes

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comment ... would be good to get more views.
I'm quite busy at present and may not be able to get to the dealer for a while.
R-t-B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, this morning I tried out Park Assist when on the right side of the road. This is not a very convenient thing to do in GB, especially when roads are clogged with parked cars.

My experience is that the car is generally keen to park on the left ... the little arrow next to the blue P is popping out all the time when I'm driving slowly on the left side of the road. However, when I'm on the right side of the road, the arrow is reluctant to pop out, even when I'm creeping along close to a line of parked cars. I did get it to work twice but on another occasion, the angle taken made me feel it was about to do a three-point turn ... and I aborted at once.

So do the UK GLAs have a propensity for parking on the left? As I say above, the little arrow is always popping out when I drive slowly. Certainly, there is now no need for black patches on the headlamps when going abroad because the beams point straight ahead. But is there something that I have to do when driving abroad to resolve this Park Assist issue?

One other point, the little arrow does not pop out when I'm passing a very long gap; presumably this is intentional because it's then obvious that parking would be possible in this situation, even without reversing.

Of course, I'll go to the dealer when I get the chance but it would be interesting to hear from others in the meantime.

R-t-B

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I asked the dealer about Park Assist on the right. In particular, whether it's possible when abroad to arrange things so that it's not necessary to be indicating when one want to park on the right. However, this is not possible.

He said that there's no difference in the sensitivity left or right. I thought that the little arrow was more ready to come on when seeking parking spaces on the left.

R-t-B

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Well what about a sensor issue, there are a couple front and rear aren't there? Maybe one is not working or dirty? Or pointing the wrong angle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestion.
I'd appreciate comments from others regarding the effectiveness of Park Assist on the right. Of course, it can be a bit difficult to try out in the UK. But as I say earlier, the little arrow is always popping out when I drive slowly past parked cars on the left. However, when I do the same on the right side, PA does not always indicate what would be acceptable spaces.
R-t-B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts