Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regularly check my oil and have just realised that the dip stick in my petrol car seems to have the same stick as shown for a diesel model (two different designs of stick by the photos in the english owners manual)... the stick I have is the same as the one in the diesel photo and not the same as the one in the petrol photo... has anyone else got the same stick difference?

Maybe as my GLA was one of the first to be built that they fitted the wrong stick, or maybe the manual photo is wrong..? I will be checking with the dealer just in case... especially as I have still got my noisy fuel feed, which makes me wonder if there's a few other components from the wrong engine type???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dip stick; oil; bonnet? ...you've got a Mercedes now! In all the 30 odd years that I've been diving Mercs, I can't remember ever having to top the oil up between services. I would hope that I'm correct in saying that if the oil level gets low, you'll see a message to that effect on your dashboard. I'll check my dip-stick for you later.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I remember one I had didn't even have a dip stick to check with, all based on the computer messages.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got to book my car in for it's service in 4000km so it is on the list of things to be questioned... so far I've found Mercedes to be a little limited in support as they drag their heals when asking certain questions... I'm guessing that they fall under the category of 'to-be-defined', where you have a new model that hasn't been long out on the road, they tend to wait until the issues are found by consumers before tackling them... maybe I was spoiled by Lexus with my previous car?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think you're right. This is the first brand-new model I've bought from MB and with regards to my/our headlight issue, they do seem to be guarded in how they are dealing with it, or not! They are probably scarred of being sued, and so nobody wants to admit to anything until the official 'word' has been distributed from HQ.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Unless MB's standards have slipped, it should be good for at least eight years without any serious issues beyond teething troubles. I had a slight grinding noise in a C-Class gearbox about ten years ago. The car was out of warrantee but I flagged it up at a service. A guy drove down from MB HQ the next week; test-drove the car and then arranged for a new gearbox to be fitted at no cost to me whatsoever. And that is why I still drive Mercs today :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts