Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Mercedes have now launched the GLA in America too. Wonder what the Yanks think of it?
Seems to be getting some good reactions so far;
Mercedes-Benz expects its new GLA compact crossover that went on sale this week to draw even more entry-level buyers to the brand than the year-old CLA compact sedan has done.
The GLA will enjoy broader appeal because of added functionality and roominess, especially in the rear seats, company officials say.
“The design is still there -- it is fun and youth oriented. But the GLA adds a level of usability that the CLA doesn't have,” said Bart Herring, general manager of product planning for Mercedes-Benz USA. “The greenhouse is a bit higher, the rear seats have a bit more space. The cargo area is flexible with 60/40 folding seats.”
The CLA, the first front-wheel-drive Mercedes sold in the United States, and the GLA share the same platform.
The compact crossover segment is one of the fastest growing in the United States, Herring noted.
The GLA will battle directly with the BMW X1 and the Audi Q3 as well as mass-market brands.
“Half of our customers will come from nonluxury -- the customer who does the luxury step up from Toyota, Nissan, Honda -- mainly sedans,” Herring predicted.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Here in Georgia, we don't take kindly to being called "Yanks." But I'll let that go. I bought one of the first GLAs sold here in Atlanta. I have yet to see another one on the street. You can be a Mercedes owner at a buy in price that we haven't seen before. BMW and Audi have new entries into this segment here in the US, but Lincoln also has a turbo 4 that is also a nice entry into the market as well as Lexus. Infinity is alsogetting ready to bring in another turbo 4 in 2015 and, outside of the Mercedes, I think it is pretty sexy looking. The price points and MPGsseem to all be close, and I think we will see a lot more of these cars from all the manufacturers on the roadin the future. Right now, I'm enjoying not seeing myself on the road. Having fun.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ken- you Lot have it so lucky in the States. Where i come from, the GLA 45 cost about USD 100,000!
As the car is not what i like but what i want, i dont mind beg, borrow or steal to own one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts