Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New GLA owner… have received my Cirrus White GLA 200 (Belgian model), with manual drive, Pano roof, style kit, 17" alloys, etc… nice car to drive, not a common car on the road at the moment here in Brussels, especially in white… seen a couple of silver and dark grey models which look nice but I prefer the white as it makes the car look sharper for the design lines…
I think I'm also probably the first to have a GLA in the repair shop... I was visiting the local dealership and had parked up in their car park. As I was waiting inside I saw another Merc driver park up next to me then open his door onto my car… not major damage but a nice little dent all the same at 1 week old… so the other driver is paying for a new spray job on the door, which is not as easy as expected as they've had to spray the whole side of the car to match the white… seemingly it's something to do with the car being painted at 150° in the factory to achieve the paint finish, in the spray shop they only match to 75° so the paint dries slightly lighter in colour… not sure if this is blah blah to hide another issue but it's proving to be an expensive repair for the other guy considering it was a minor door dent in the beginning…
Apart from that I've done 3000+ km's and so far the car is running smoothly apart from a clicking noise from the engine (which might be the direct injection system on the petrol model?). I've found baby wipes are great for cleaning the leather seats, dash and general trim… no residue or marks after you wipe down with a dry cloth… still enjoying the new car smell...
Other than that I'm now parking in the biggest spaces available till the 'newness' wears off…

·
Registered
0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mishap. The bodyshop should be able to match the existing colour.
Do not accept any less.
Hope it works out well for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my car back at last... hopefully for a while now as it really rubs home how good the GLA is when you get other brands to drive as courtesy cars... the BMW X1 was okay and the Audi A3 was the same, but both were faceless compared to the GLA...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts