Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this Forum and looking for some advice / opinions please.
I am able to place an order for a GLA AMG as my company car, in order for me to get the Grey, Night pack, DAB Radio and Premium Pack I have to sacrifice the auto for manual.
What's your thoughts, spec over auto or auto over spec?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't driven the GLA 45 AMG version, auto or manual, but when I put my foot down in my GLA250 in manual mode (using the paddles), it raced up through the gears so quickly I could barely keep up! I can't possibly imagine what it must be like in the 45. Or are you talking about the GLA AMG line? Thinking about it, I just can't see MB making a manual 45 GLA as it's sooo quick, so you must be talking about the AMG line, which is a level of trim. The last time I looked, the GLA was only available in auto in the UK, but I guess things change. Anyway, I digress; I would agree with my honorable Jock friend, and recommend the auto. I had two manual Mercs before eventually switching to autos, and never looked back. The GLA's auto box is very clever and very refined.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi, I am new to this Forum and looking for some advice / opinions please.
I am able to place an order for a GLA AMG as my company car, in order for me to get the Grey, Night pack, DAB Radio and Premium Pack I have to sacrifice the auto for manual.
What's your thoughts, spec over auto or auto over spec?

Thanks
James
What have you decided to do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
vivamerc....that sounds like a similar spec to mine. Not sure what I'd be able to sacrifice tho as the look certainly turns heads but personally, I couldn't go back to manual. Used the manual paddles on the steering wheel a few times but bit annoying when the steering is turning. Good luck with your decision though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts