Mercedes GLA Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
3.5 weeks and 1,500 miles in....loving it, having a wall box fitted next weekend and I can just about make it to the office on electric only so 2 charges a day and no petrol is a possibility (25 miles each way).
Much more comfortable and refined than I expected and electric only is fine at motorway speeds which I didn't expect either. Have started to notice a fair bit of wind noise driver side at higher speeds so might need to get the door/window seals checked there, everything else faultless.
Materials on the whole are very nice and much better than on my Volvo previously.
Great car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Amazing. Really pleased you like it. If I could charge at home, that’d make a huge difference. But at the moment living in an apartment I can’t. However, I’ve discovered a local charger that is free and not many know it’s there, so I can go for a walk in the park, have a conference call etc or a coffee once a week while it charges and that sees me for around town driving. Longer work trips are obviously mostly petrol but I don’t really have a commute as I work from home.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds perfect mate, free charging will make a big difference, we just looked at tariffs and changing our contract with the supplier and that helps a fair bit. The bigger issue I have is the return leg as charging at work will mean airport rates so not much cheaper than petrol I imagine (probably a fiver a day to get the charge to get home, but only 75p roughly to charge overnight for the office leg).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Been a little bit of a delay with the chargers being installed at work, but the home charger works great and I get to work on electric only each day after a timed charge early hours each day on cheaper tariffs.

I have also found that the items that were being cut out due to chip shortages are still included.... I actually do have wireless charging etc despite them stating that I wouldn't....bonus 🙂

Happy New Year everyone! 🎉

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello 😊 I’ve had my new GLA 250e (premium) for week now. After waiting 9 months since I first ordered it. I’m loving the drive & new tech but have noticed it doesn’t have some of the spec I was expecting. The wireless phone charging pad as been removed which I’m not too bothered about. But it has a manual tailgate & I was expecting this to be electric to open/close like my last GLA. I was wondering if anyone else with a GLA 250e has an electric boot? I think the spec was downgraded due to the chip shortage but I wasn’t informed of any changes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello 😊 I’ve had my new GLA 250e (premium) for week now. After waiting 9 months since I first ordered it. I’m loving the drive & new tech but have noticed it doesn’t have some of the spec I was expecting. The wireless phone charging pad as been removed which I’m not too bothered about. But it has a manual tailgate & I was expecting this to be electric to open/close like my last GLA. I was wondering if anyone else with a GLA 250e has an electric boot? I think the spec was downgraded due to the chip shortage but I wasn’t informed of any changes.
Hi Ang,
Congratulations on your new car, I am still really pleased with choosing the same vehicle.

I was advised that I would have reduced spec due to chip shortages.... wireless charging and the stereo upgrade from memory, but mine actually kept those features in the end. I do have an electric boot, there's a button to close up on the right in red and if you wave your foot underneath it opens (sometimes by accident and sometimes difficult to get working in honesty lol).

It does sound as though you might have been given a reduced spec based on your post. MB may have covered themselves with an overall spec change after July last year for all new builds to support a reduction in total chips required for production lines.

I seem to recall the boot might also have been a victim of the shortages. I wasn't expecting some of the features I did get and was confused at finding my boot open at times. I don't know whether I had left it unlocked and a cat or bird had gone underneath.....took me a while to even notice gesture was there and initially by accident 🙂.

Lovely car.....enjoyed it for 5 months so far and still massively pleased with the GLA 250e.....enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Ang,
Congratulations on your new car, I am still really pleased with choosing the same vehicle.

I was advised that I would have reduced spec due to chip shortages.... wireless charging and the stereo upgrade from memory, but mine actually kept those features in the end. I do have an electric boot, there's a button to close up on the right in red and if you wave your foot underneath it opens (sometimes by accident and sometimes difficult to get working in honesty lol).

It does sound as though you might have been given a reduced spec based on your post. MB may have covered themselves with an overall spec change after July last year for all new builds to support a reduction in total chips required for production lines.

I seem to recall the boot might also have been a victim of the shortages. I wasn't expecting some of the features I did get and was confused at finding my boot open at times. I don't know whether I had left it unlocked and a cat or bird had gone underneath.....took me a while to even notice gesture was there and initially by accident 🙂.

Lovely car.....enjoyed it for 5 months so far and still massively pleased with the GLA 250e.....enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi 👋
I do love the car & it’s my first hybrid, but not having the electric boot is disappointing as I was expecting it & had it on my last GLA. Does your car that does have the full spec have the augmented reality Sat nav feature? As I’m wondering if that’s something else that it should have had & hasn’t. I’m still trying to get to grips with all the new features but it’s such a nice car 😊

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi 👋
I do love the car & it’s my first hybrid, but not having the electric boot is disappointing as I was expecting it & had it on my last GLA. Does your car that does have the full spec have the augmented reality Sat nav feature? As I’m wondering if that’s something else that it should have had & hasn’t. I’m still trying to get to grips with all the new features but it’s such a nice car 😊
Hi Ang,

No I don't have the augmented sat nav, mine is the exclusive premium on a 71 plate too so I think that must have been dropped across the board.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I’ve had my GLA 250e for just under a week now. I can confirm you can run it just on petrol or just on electric. You can even maintain the battery level so you can keep electric ‘stored’ in the car and use it when you like.

for motorway miles, it defaults to ‘comfort’ mode which uses electricity to start you off and petrol kicks in above 50mph. Comfort uses electric when it’s most needed and petrol when not. Sports mode uses petrol snd electric together and man, that’s pretty powerful. Throws you back in your seat!
Hi there … last week i got a GLA 250e … i cannot get if to run on petrol only it always uses the ev battery that slowly ticks down …. Also when in BL the transmission jumps up to 4000 revs loudly until it settles down? Is this right? Should i take it back ?? How do you drive on petrol only please … any advice is appreciated … loraine

·
Registered
3 Posts
I concur i was expecting this to find its no longer an option … shame …

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find sport is usually the best option to go petrol only (as long as you don't floor it you can recharge a couple of percent in sport). I only use sport when saving battery, or comfort mode if intending to save petrol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find sport is usually the best option to go petrol only (as long as you don't floor it you can recharge a couple of percent in sport). I only use sport when saving battery, or comfort mode if intending to save petrol.
Thanks for your response .. reassuring really to know the performance is normal and im doing nothing wrong …. I shall engage sport 👍🏻

21 - 34 of 34 Posts