Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have a new 250e PHEV on order due to arrive next month (July). Any feedback from either of you on what to expect?
Also curious as my first ever hybrid coming from diesel vehicles.....range is discussed as electric only miles, surely on a 50 mile motorway run it would work with the petrol rather than depletion of electric first.....it wouldn't last my daily commute otherwise?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I’ve had my GLA 250e for just under a week now. I can confirm you can run it just on petrol or just on electric. You can even maintain the battery level so you can keep electric ‘stored’ in the car and use it when you like.

for motorway miles, it defaults to ‘comfort’ mode which uses electricity to start you off and petrol kicks in above 50mph. Comfort uses electric when it’s most needed and petrol when not. Sports mode uses petrol snd electric together and man, that’s pretty powerful. Throws you back in your seat!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.... looking forward to it, mine is still pending build due to the shortage of semiconductors. So will be September now.
I was pretty lucky. Test drove it, loved it in late June then they said “we don’t have any” though. But then the guy was like “how interested are you in it being brand new because we can sell you the one you’ve just test driven in 6 weeks”. Paid a deposit, got an extra £1k for my part exchange and it was all delivered as new. Even with lots of the protective stickers on and new charging cables.

My only gripes :
  • no sunglasses holder
  • I didn’t get the choice of electric seats or ambient lighting (the latter I’ve sorted myself after market).
  • no rear drinks holders.

but that’s it. Lovely car. Better than my CX5, A5 or 3 series (my last 3 cars). I’m also 6ft 4 and so really enjoy the room in the car.

I hope you get yours soon and enjoy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I cancelled my order today as the new expected delivery date is end of March (running an extra 8 months late). The spec had been downgraded too and was missing items, more importantly for me was the stereo downgrade as I love music.
I figured my old 2016 Volvo could last another couple of years so will ride it out and look again once the chip shortages lessen.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks mate, I will post once it arrives and I have a chance to play. The only downside is that due to shortages of semi conductors it had the specification downgraded. Loss of a few bits including drop to base stereo and removed wireless charging along with some satnav features, parking features and line recognition (I think that is all) maybe lost ambient lighting I heard elsewhere too.

I am still looking forward to trying out a hybrid and the rest of the spec, a little disappointed in the sound system getting a downgrade as I really like my music and I am fussy with these things 🙂.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Post a photo of the de-chrome on here after if you can?.
yeah I definitely will.

I couldn’t have the upgrades either, so just had to take what they had on the only hybrid available. I didn’t get the ambient lighting which I was gutted about. But got a price of £1k to get it retrofitted. That was too much I think, so just added my own lights in the front and back footwells and under the steering wheel and centre console. Doesn’t look bad at all for £40.

I have wireless but it’s temperamental and I have the base system, but i think it’s better than the Bose system in my last car (but if you’re an audiophile you probably don’t like Bose anyway haha).

·
Registered
15 Posts
yeah I definitely will.

I couldn’t have the upgrades either, so just had to take what they had on the only hybrid available. I didn’t get the ambient lighting which I was gutted about. But got a price of £1k to get it retrofitted. That was too much I think, so just added my own lights in the front and back footwells and under the steering wheel and centre console. Doesn’t look bad at all for £40.

I have wireless but it’s temperamental and I have the base system, but i think it’s better than the Bose system in my last car (but if you’re an audiophile you probably don’t like Bose anyway haha).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got my GLA Thursday, it did come with ambient lighting fitted and the stereo doesn't seem too bad at all (not cranked it up yet as only driven with the family onboard so far lol).
No wireless charging, and a few other fairly minor omissions due to chip shortages, but on the whole I am impressed..... really nice car and all seems pretty sturdy/well put together.

Found that the comfort mode with mixed petrol and electric always uses electric first then goes to petrol after about 31 miles. Tried charging publicly....takes a couple of hours to charge and is about £5. I also tried home charging with the 3 pin plug and it took about 5 hours from quarter full to 100%. We have a smart meter so could look at the difference in usage....about the same as running a tumble dryer so not too excessive.

Overall very happy....it is very quiet and refined.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah really pleased you got it and like it. Yeah I live in an apartment so charging is a bit more of a pain, but I’m making it work. Like today when I go to watch Bond? It’ll fully charge. Sometimes I just work from a coffee shop for an hour and charge it and that’ll do me for a few days. I also found driving in sport used no electric, but you seem to be able to charge about 10% for every 2 hours ish of driving, so that’s been useful. I can charge a bit when on the motorway and then use electric in the city.

So after fitting my own lights etc and setting up a new iPad mini in it permanently I got it back yesterday from having it all dechromed.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Car Speedometer Trip computer Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
That looks great mate..... I really like what you have done there, they look great inside and out don't they!

I will try the sport mode..... I noticed driving yesterday that when the battery ran out it was actually a bit perkier, not what I expected at all. I thought it would always use a bit of both in comfort mode and therefore be more powerful (no complaints there though it is still quite powerful).

Thanks for the tip I will give it a try.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts