Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

From Leeds, I have ordered my first Mercedes, its a Gla 250e Hybrid, arrives in Oct/Nov so super excited!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

From Leeds, I have ordered my first Mercedes, its a Gla 250e Hybrid, arrives in Oct/Nov so super excited!
Hi
I’ve just seen your post after joining this forum today.
I’ve just ordered my GLA 250e Hybrid which arrives in mid May and just wondering how your getting on with yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also have a new 250e PHEV on order due to arrive next month (July). Any feedback from either of you on what to expect?
Also curious as my first ever hybrid coming from diesel vehicles.....range is discussed as electric only miles, surely on a 50 mile motorway run it would work with the petrol rather than depletion of electric first.....it wouldn't last my daily commute otherwise?

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I’ve had my GLA 250e for just under a week now. I can confirm you can run it just on petrol or just on electric. You can even maintain the battery level so you can keep electric ‘stored’ in the car and use it when you like.

for motorway miles, it defaults to ‘comfort’ mode which uses electricity to start you off and petrol kicks in above 50mph. Comfort uses electric when it’s most needed and petrol when not. Sports mode uses petrol snd electric together and man, that’s pretty powerful. Throws you back in your seat!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.... looking forward to it, mine is still pending build due to the shortage of semiconductors. So will be September now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.... looking forward to it, mine is still pending build due to the shortage of semiconductors. So will be September now.
I was pretty lucky. Test drove it, loved it in late June then they said “we don’t have any” though. But then the guy was like “how interested are you in it being brand new because we can sell you the one you’ve just test driven in 6 weeks”. Paid a deposit, got an extra £1k for my part exchange and it was all delivered as new. Even with lots of the protective stickers on and new charging cables.

My only gripes :
  • no sunglasses holder
  • I didn’t get the choice of electric seats or ambient lighting (the latter I’ve sorted myself after market).
  • no rear drinks holders.

but that’s it. Lovely car. Better than my CX5, A5 or 3 series (my last 3 cars). I’m also 6ft 4 and so really enjoy the room in the car.

I hope you get yours soon and enjoy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts