Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have had my GLA 200 Sport for a couple of months now, previously had a C220 estate and thought I would have a change.
Up to now I have been very pleased. Took some time to get used to the new driving position but all OK now.
Off to France (driving) in a couple of days time and trying to sort out all the rules and regs associated with visiting that country as applicable to the GLA. I have led lights so (as I read the handbook) no need to adjust/ buy beam deflectors. Also not sure what to do about spare bulbs.
I am a fisherman and do far have had no problem getting all my gear in the boot.
Regards
:smile2:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome along.

I never bothered with spare bulbs since I had LED lights. I was concerned about trying to explain it to the police and considered buying a few random ones in Halfords so I could at least produce something if asked. Don't forget a couple of breathalisers, GB sticker, high vis vest for all passengers. You can buy a full kit on ebay for cheap enough if you want.

Enjoy your holiday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Breathalyser for France

Hi there,
I have had my GLA 200 Sport for a couple of months now, previously had a C220 estate and thought I would have a change.
Up to now I have been very pleased. Took some time to get used to the new driving position but all OK now.
Off to France (driving) in a couple of days time and trying to sort out all the rules and regs associated with visiting that country as applicable to the GLA. I have led lights so (as I read the handbook) no need to adjust/ buy beam deflectors. Also not sure what to do about spare bulbs.
I am a fisherman and do far have had no problem getting all my gear in the boot.
Regards
:smile2:
Hi John, you also need your own alcohol breathalyser which you can purchase from Halfords... Buy two as if you are stopped by police and forced to use one you need to prove you have a spare before they let you continue your journey.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the entire kit for about £20 on ebay and it was great, just kept it in the door pockets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts