Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
GLA 200 AMG Line Premium 2021/2022
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and hopefully a new Mercedes GLA owner in the near future.

I ordered the GLA 200 AMG Line Premium in June and still waiting for it :(

I never got told a date, they just seem to not have a clue due to chip shortage.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I ordered mine in June also, but just the AMG line spec, they told me back then that it would be available for September delivery with your spec being November.

I have since had notification to inform me mine now will be delivered in January.

Kirsty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Kirsty / H4M24UK - Just wondered if either of you have had any updated delivery times? I ordered mine in October and waiting for details yet, I'm just pencilled in as 'April at best, September at worst' at the moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi @PaulAllen
Mine has now arrived! Ordered in June, delivered end of November (even though it changed from September to January), however in just the AMG line spec. The delay was due to the automatic boot part. Hope yours arrives sooner than planned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Kirsty! - They have dropped the automatic boot and the wireless phone charging now from the 2022 version :-( - but I'll cope without them - fingers crossed that mine also moves a bit earlier

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Kirsty! - They have dropped the automatic boot and the wireless phone charging now from the 2022 version :-( - but I'll cope without them - fingers crossed that mine also moves a bit earlier
@PaulAllen after ordering mine they confirmed the automatic boot wouldn’t be included, however when it arrived in England it was included, I think they are under promising and over delivering when they can. It will be worth the wait, it’s such a stunning car. I changed from an evoque and have no regrets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and hopefully a new Mercedes GLA owner in the near future.

I never got told a date, they just seem to not have a clue due to chip shortage.

Hi

We placed our order back in July 2020 and were told December 2020 for delivery, the dealer has now said that they have no idea when we can expect delivery. I e-mailed Mercedes-Benz customer services and they said that they could not divulge production information.

Seems to me that they are prioritising their more profitable models during the semi conductor shortage as the dealer said that GLA production is on hold.

Basically they don't seem to care, the manufacturer that is, the dealer has been fine.

·
Registered
GLA 200 AMG Line Premium 2021/2022
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi

We placed our order back in July 2020 and were told December 2020 for delivery, the dealer has now said that they have no idea when we can expect delivery. I e-mailed Mercedes-Benz customer services and they said that they could not divulge production information.

Seems to me that they are prioritising their more profitable models during the semi conductor shortage as the dealer said that GLA production is on hold.

Basically they don't seem to care, the manufacturer that is, the dealer has been fine.
Surely you mean 2021 not 2020?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

The same here, it should have been October 21 and they still won't give me a date, so not sure of this brand anymore !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here ordered in April just spoke to dealership and they still can’t give me a date
[/QUOTE
I ordered in Sept and was told the end of March and the dealership say there is no way of tracking any orders which I was astounded by. They must be a way of finding out how far down the list orders are.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered in Sept and was told the end of March and the dealership say there is no way of tracking any orders which I was astounded by. They must be a way of finding out how far down the list orders are.
Exactly what I thought, if you order a new kitchen or furniture the company would surely have a Lead time and contact the customer every week on the progress

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exactly what I thought, if you order a new kitchen or furniture the company would surely have a Lead time and contact the customer every week on the progress
My dealership just dont seem to care. The guy who I did the original order with emailed me to say he was leaving and someone else would be contacting me and I have had no contact from them since that email so I dont have a clue who to even contact.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my GLA 250e at the end of October and was given an expected delivery of end of March, this was then moved to early March, then end of April, then early May and now end of May.

Initially the only update I received was another date but when I pushed I was told the car is actually built it's just sitting somewhere waiting for a delivery slot, apparently it keeps appearing on the dealership delivery schedule but then it gets bumped by something more important! I've asked for a reference number so I can complain directly to Mercedes but i have so far been ignored.

I would never have ordered the car if I had any idea it would take this long. I here people are now being quoted 12 to 18 months and their seem to be none in the dealerships.

Moved to July now, no explanation, no clarification, no information at all.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts