Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected new C220 AMG Premium Plus, Nite Pack and loads of toys. Looks awesome. However quickly became clear it had some faults :(
1 - Tracking was out
2 - Rattle from centre console
3 - Knocking noise when turning sharp left or right at low speed
4 - Unresponsive accelerator
5 - Distance between tyre and wheel arch at rear different to the identical model in the show room. Mines the raised ride height version. My car looks as though it sits high at the front and low at the back.

It's been in since Monday. Thankfully got identical curtesy car. What a difference. Despite similar miles it's a flying machine, doesn't knock when turning and wheel gaps equal.

Sigh

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm shocked. Anything like that should be found during the pre-delivery checks. What on earth is going on at MB at the moment?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear that. AMGs are lower than others I thought? The pressure of tyres in the back are lower than the front. I hope it gets well soon.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AMG line models are indeed lower. However the like for like comparison with an identical car in the showroom shows a clear difference at the rear end.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pressure higher in front as it carries more weight i.e the engine. Tire pressures are different so as to ensure car sits the same at both ends and tire walls hence same depth

·
Registered
55 Posts
Daz said:
AMG line models are indeed lower.
According to all the MB bumph, the 2015 AMG line has the same 'comfort' suspension as the standard models; so are you saying that it is in fact lower, as per the 2014 models?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No.

What I'm saying is, and I may be wrong, but my understanding is that all models got an increased ride height. They may have started at different points, but all had an extra 15mm (or whatever the figure was) added to their previous ride heights.

Either way it's not applicable to the issue above I don't think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Right. I realise it's not an issue to your problem, but I just wondered what the score is with the suspension heights this year. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
roytheboy said:
Right. I realise it's not an issue to your problem, but I just wondered what the score is with the suspension heights this year. Thanks.
Just received my 2015 GLA250 (AMG Line) and it has come with the off-road comfort suspensionby default(30 mm raised ride height). This was not an option I spec'd/chose but wanted it anyway. There appears to be no other options in the UK as of this time to have any different suspension setups, only the GLA45 AMG comes with different (lowered as expected for theperformancemodel).<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Distance between tyre wheel and arch on the front is ever-so-slightly more than the rears by approx. 3-4mm. Checking on another 2015 (SE) model in the shop it was identical. With the naked eye it looks even, but confirms they are slightly offset (much like many other SUVs on the market).<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Sorry to hear OPs problems

1 - 11 of 11 Posts