Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, new GLA owner and all that. I lurked this forum for a while before I bought - lot of great info here!

I bought my 220 AMG Line in the full knowledge that it didn't have the navigation system installed (enabled?) I've found that a lot of smartphone satnavs are superior to the systems integrated with cars (the nav in my previous Mazda CX5 was horrible) so I'm currently using CoPilot on my iPhone.

However, the GLA documentation states that the nav system is "pre-installed" but not enabled. Out of interest, how is the nav system on the GLA and if I wanted to, how would I go about enabling it? As of now it just says "naviagtion module not present".

Many thanks for any comments, advice and personal abuse :)

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I don't like using my smart phone, I've tried the sat nav (Google) on my iphone and if I'm in an area with no service the sat nav stops working!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Probably too late for you now, but the Sat-Nav that comes with the COMMAND system is very very good. It's timings are near spot-on for me (even though I drive quite fast), and the real-time recomputes it does when it knows there is traffic ahead, are brilliant - they have to be used to be believed! The only thing I can't seem to master is the voice-activation for route-finding. It expects precisely worded statements which I can never seem to remember correctly!

If you're reading this and are yet to order a GLA, stretch your budget to the limit and get all those nice extras that you just know you'll regret not getting if you don't. You're spending a fortune anyway; why not get all the trimmings ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the becker on my c class and it was fairly naff, only 5 figure postcode for instance. The one on my new GLA is far better in my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you're reading this and are yet to order a GLA, stretch your budget to the limit and get all those nice extras that you just know you'll regret not getting if you don't. You're spending a fortune anyway; why not get all the trimmings ;)
haha - now can you tell my wife that next time I come to order >:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would agree that the GLA sat nav is one of the best I've used. It's clear and keeps up with my fast driving!
Def recommend it to new buyers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts