Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of a new GLA. Using navigation is a challenge. It would appear you cannot store a destination, say post code, giving it a name. Eg AB1 9XX being Steve. Frankly, that's just pants. I don't want to have to remember destination post codes. If have i have to do that, why do i need favorites? If i want to go to Steve's, I want to select Steve from my favourites' list. I could in my Jaguar XE. Hasn't Mercedes caught-up yet?
I have read on another board that an alternative is to use your phone contacts and pull an address from there. Well, that's ok as long as you have put a contact address in with a phone number. So, where I have destinations I use that are buildings and places rather than individual addresses, so i neither have nor have any need to know a phone number, the GLA WILL NOT pick up those contacts on my phone. Only when I add a phone number in will navigation find it! Am I missing something here? Or is this a "feature" of Mercedes navigation?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting, and it sounds rubbish - just like I'm discovering about the system in my wife's Mini, which seems the same as you're describing. Sorry I've no advice for you, as my GLA is fitted with Comand (that does save by name) and I'm yet to bottom out the BMW system in the Mini...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts