Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
According to honest john's real world MPG is approx41.5 mpg for this model. (70% of official figures)

·
Registered
0 Posts
We are only getting 38-40 locally with the caravan on we are lucky to get 30 not really what i expected when i questioned merc i was told that i need to do 6000 miles before you will get the true mileage.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've done about 4000 miles and I'm averaging 38-40mpg. That's a lot of city driving which some weekend motorway driving.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">It's a bit lower than I was expecting...but the car is also a bit quicker than I was expecting.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've been getting 50-54...
Though, bear in mind that my work run is an hour long and generally pretty clear.Edited by: p0ppet

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Nigel smith said:
We are only getting 38-40 locally with the caravan on we are lucky to get 30 not really what i expected when i questioned merc i was told that i need to do 6000 miles before you will get the true mileage.
I'd be interested to see what, if anything happens once you're past the 6,000 mile mark figure....

·
Registered
0 Posts
I will never find out I just got rid of the car I can honestly say it was one of the worst cars I have had I have just picked a Volvo xc 60 r design up it is streets ahead of the merc .

·
Registered
16 Posts
37.6mpg average over the last 14,000 miles. Mostly local driving with occasional motorway trips. One of the most surprising results is that when motorway driving, I get about 41mpg (4mpg less that the E320 cdi I had previously) at roughly the same speeds and journeys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Averaged just over 50mpg for me in the 24,000 miles I have done. I certainly can't complain about that in a reasonably powerful 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm averaging an indicated 34mpg over 13,000 miles in my petrol GLA250, which I am happy with given the type of local and hilly driving I do. Compared to my previous V6 C230 the GLA is positively frugal. But as I've said many times: it very much depends on how you drive, how fast and how long you drive for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My MPG for the identical car

HiDo any owners of the 220 AMG 4matic have any average MPG figures?

I do an daily 18 mile start/stop round trip rat run commute and I get an average of 51 mpg.
I went to Port Isaac last week (from Wolverhampton) and did some touring while I was there, I got 598 miles out of my tank with an average of 56mpg.

It all depends how you drive it - best tip is to use your speed limiter to whatever the road speed limit is, my rat run is 30 with a two mile stretch of 50. I know its boring, but it protects your license and it definitely helps with your mpg.

For motorways, just set you cruise control to 70-75, police aren't interested unless you're doing over 80 or driving like a ****.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have owned a GLA220 since new in 2014, I have done over 93,000 miles (all private mileage) the overall mpg since new is 41.5mpg. I don't nurse the car to gain better mpg and its usually fully loaded with the back seat down.
On a long run, even loaded at 65 to 70mph, I have seen 55+ mpg. I am more than happy overall

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went out yesterday over 60 miles half motorway @ 70mph and half on very narrow conjested stop go country lanes all with the aircon on and returned 44mpg from my 220d 4 matic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts