Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a walk around the car the other day and noticed fogging (moisture) inside the front lights. Is this the norm for the GLA? has anyone else seen this in there GLA's.Not to concerned but in other vehicles this usually means the seals are broken but both lights are doing it so need some feed back before i take a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've found it for you. It says:

"Headlamps misted up on the inside
Certain climatic and physical conditions may cause moisture to form in the headlamp. This moisture does not affect the functionality of the headlamp."</font>

This means that the headlamps are not sealed units, which presumably also means that they can be fixed at component level without simply being discarded at wallet level. This also means that any condensation on the inside of the shell will soon disappear with the heat that results from switching on the headlamps. It all sounds good to me

·
Registered
0 Posts
Happens on mine. As long as it does not affect the functioning of the headlights or considered abnormal by MB it is ok with me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yeah I experience the same. It even happened on a dry but fairly cold day, after a week in my garage.
Dealer said it was normal,
I think it gives the car that "cheap" look. None of my previous 4 Mercedes cars, all with bi-xenon did that.
Real shame.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes but if this means that the headlight cover can be replaced at a fraction of the cost of a complete sealed headlight unit, that's a good thing - no?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had the same effect when using the ferry to cross the Channel, going on all was clear, driving off and it fogged up in the bottom corners near the grille... last for an hour before going away, not a big issue but made me wonder before I read about it in the handbook...

·
Registered
55 Posts
My lights went like it yesterday - it's that time of year (condensation)! But I maintain that I'd rather that than have to have sealed light units.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts