Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A campaign group said automakers should explain why new cars in Europe have CO2 emissions on the road that are far higher than laboratory tests show.

The gap between published specifications for fuel use and CO2 emissions and actual numbers widened to an average 40 percent last year compared with 8 percent in 2001, an annual study by environmental group Transport & Environment (T&E) showed.

Volkswagen’s revelation last week that "defeat" software was used in diesel engines to pass U.S. emissions tests for nitrogen oxides has raised questions in Europe about the testing process for both nitrogen oxides and C02.

Mercedes-Benz topped T&E's list of carmakers who overstate fuel economy for the second year in a row. Vehicles built by Mercedes used 48 percent more fuel on average than their published statistics claim, with gaps exceeding 50 percent on new A-, C- and E-class models, T&E said in a statement on Monday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am way off on my MPG, it will be interesting to see what happens to all car manufacturers after all the rules have changed due to naughty VW....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why do we accept it, it is misrepresentation pure and simple. Buy anything else and if its not as described you are entitled to a refund. My GLA 250 is a joke, its way off that published by Mercedes. So I am going to ask for a refund, the more people who take them on and shout about the quicker they will change their approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts