Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Mercedes-Benz has released the first images of its new GLE Coupé, which it says combines the sporty nature of a coupé and the styling of an SUV, when it goes on sale next spring aimed squarely at the BMW X6.

Three models will be available initially, a GLE 350 diesel as well as GLE 400 and top-of-the-range GLE 450 AMG Coupé, all of them featuring four-wheel drive and nine-speed automatic gearboxes.

The entry-level GLE 350 d has a 3.0-litre V6 diesel engine developing 258bhp and 457lb ft of torque.

The GLE 400 has a twin-turbocharged, 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine with 333bhp and 354lb ft. This engine also appears in the range-topping GLE 450 AMG but developing 367bhp and 384lb ft.

The first two have even torque distribution between the front and rear axles. The sportier GLE 450 AMG version has a 40:60 bias to the rear.

Airmatic suspension is standard on the top model, and optional on theother two, which have steel suspension as standard.

A variable dynamic control system has five transmission modes: Individual, Comfort, Slippery, Sport and Sport+ selectable from the centre console.

Mercedes says that the interior is extremely large for a coupé and provides space for up to five people thanks to the widest rear seat bench in the class. Options include a panoramic glass roof.

With a maximum of 1,650 litres, the coupé also offers the largest luggage compartment in its class.

The interior has sports seats in man-made leather alongside infotainment elements familiar from the C, E and S-class saloons. The GLE 450 AMG has AMG-branded seats and a three-spoke steering wheel in black leather, with stainless steel sports pedals and carbon-fibre trim.

As ever with Mercedes, there's a bewildering array of safety and driver assistance sytems as standard, and an equally substantial options list. UK pricing and specification for the GLE Coupé is still to be confirmed.</font>"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Not bad, but I like the profile of the GLA better. MB's pics of the futureSUV Coupe would make me wait if I were looking to make this move. That concept has a great profile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts