Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I picked up my GLA last week. I ordered it with the Command OnLine. On the order form it shows Command OnLine with Media Interface, but can't for the life of me find the port!!
I presume its in the armrest/centre console?
I can only find a USB port on the LHS and looks to be a blanking plate on the RHS?
Should it be where that blanking plate is? Is it hidden behind there?
I wasn't provided any cables; though have procured one off ebay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome. You haven't said what country you are in, but in the UK, unless things have changed, you should have a USB port and an iPhone socket (under the arm rest). The iPhone connection requires a MB lead which should be given to you with the car. Unfortunately it is for an iPhone 4, not the iPhone 5 lighting connector, so you can't get a direct internet data connection if your phone is a v.5, unless you buy an adapter from Apple. But Bluetooth still works fine without any direct connection for music and phone calls. You should also have a media card slot in the centre console. Is the blanking plate a fixed plate, or just a rubber socket protector cap?

Edited by: roytheboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello
Yes, I am in the UK :)
Where is the iphone connector point? I've got the iphone 4 connector from ebay - and I have the lightening adaptor from my old car.
The blanking plate seems to be able to taken off if I get a screwdriver behind it - but didn't want to force anything if its not that port!

·
Registered
55 Posts
DO NOT take a screwdriver to anything if you are not sure what you are doing. It sounds like you are talking about the same port that I am, but ask your dealer to sort it out, and also - I would have thought - to reimburse you for the connector that you should have been given (unless their policy has changed recently). You really should be asking your dealer about these things as they might have forgotten to fit the iPhone socket ... or maybe the whole fit has changed recently; maybe you have the first of a new type of Command system that has different connectors. Have you not been given an up-to-date Command manual?

·
Registered
0 Posts
MB dealer will sell the iphone 5 lighting adapter cars normally come with the 30 pin iphone connector..Its about £45 I purchased one from dealer on delivery.. works fine ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoke to the dealer today
Apparently although the order form I have states Comand Online With Media Interface, this wasn't on the order sent to the factory?
I wasn't sure you could order Command without the media interface, but apparently you can
Salesman now speaking with management team on doing a retrofit...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Over the years, I've only once picked up an MB car with something missing, but they were very quick to correct the situation. I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts