Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, had my GLA for about week now and very pleased with it so far, only one problem, or maybe it isn't, its an auto and when i pull off the revs lift and then there is quiet a sudden bite which is making for a jerky pull away, if im very careful i can get it to pull away smoothly but this doesn't help when you want to move off quickly,has anyone else found this ? is this normal with this box?Great forum by the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't think anybody has mentioned this. Mine is a 250 and the clutch engages very smoothly. I have driven a 220 and it felt much the same. Is it the same in S an E modes? Sounds like a visit back to the dealer may be in order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps, are we talking about the manual box or the 7 speed auto, i probably didn't make it clear that i have the auto box and it happens in all drive modes.Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is an auto too. What was your last car? ...only it might be that you're just used to a different sort of car with a less sensitive throttle control. Bare in mind that the GLA is a light and nimble car, and I don't know about the 220 but the 250 is certainly a pocket-rocket. Either way, the dealer will know if your car is as it should be, or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks chaps, think i will let the dealer know just to get it on the system in case of any future warranty issues, only had the car for a week so will see if i need to adjust my driving to suit the czr.Many thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 220 CDI auto and although I wouldn't describe the pull off as 'jerky' it can definately be ponderous sometimes leaving you wondering if you can make the gap in the traffic! I have queried this with MB and it seems to be a feature of the 4matic system. I tried the salesman's 'old shape' C class coupe with the same auto box and it didn't do it at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting , thanks,, jerky was probably the wrong word , the drive comes in quiet sharp when moving off and the car tends to lurch forward a little more sudden than i would have expected, if im careful withe the throttle its ok.With eco mode there is a lot of lag but i suppose you can expect that, in sport or manual you need to give it some beans to get it really moving like it should do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts