Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you check your engine oil... every week once a month or never... also do you check oil level when cold or after a drive and the car has warmed up to temperature.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I never check my oil as none of the Mercs I have ever owned have needed any oil between services, and I'm not talking about motorway stops! Mercs also have a low oil light, which I assume is standard on GLAs. In fact, if I ever saw a drop of oil under my car in the garage, I'd be very worried, as I never have with any Merc.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't for new cars but the Mrs has an older one with no electronic checking so I manually check that once in a while (when I remember!)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Same here I have never had to check oil levels in all my Benz cars.
My Mini Cooper however is a different story. 1/2 litre roughly every 3 months.
And that is normal. Such a pain as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So far I've checked my oil only before long haul drives (like to Germany or France), but as I have a diesel dip stick in a petrol engine (which the dealer is surprised at as well) then I doubt it would make much difference if it was low or okay as the reading isn't true due to the marks being different... after the first years service it hadn't dropped much so I guess the rule is to only look if you're going long haul... if it blows for short trips then you've got a major fault that's drained the oil - which is covered by the warranty...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts