Mercedes GLA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Edition 1 all wrapped up for winter.Only have 1200kms on it, so i'm not even done my break in period.Lets just say its going to be a very long winter for me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Welcome!!Get some winter tyres and enjoy your car even during winter! Shame to see it under wraps!

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's wrong with you man; I bought my GLA specifically because it is meant to be good in the snow in rugged terrain! As said, get some winter wheels and tyres on it and let us know how you get on

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry i hear you !! I was thinking the same thing, buy some winter tires and alls good . Would be able to drive all year long. Only thing is there's a couple of things that are holding me back... 1) was having troubles finding rims that fit 2)this is my first Benz and I dont want to get it dirty! LOL....Here they love to sand the roads and this creates havoc on your paint 3) Here in Winnipeg Mb Canada i have the only Edition1 in the province. We dont have the A class here and no CLA45 AMG Edition 1's were alotted for Winnipeg. Only because of persistance and throwing down a good sum of money last March did Mercedes Canada agree to give (ME)/Manitoba this vehicle. From what ive been told there is only 50 in Canada and Manitoba is not one of the major sales centers in Canada.SO.... no A class no CLA45 AMG Edition 1's and I will have the only GLA45 AMG Edition 1In the province. Yes i'm excited and feel very privileged to be able to own a Benz and especially the only one that will be seen (provided no one else buys one from out of province and brings one in, which i think this might be very unlikely that anyone owning one of these would ever give it up right now).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh one more thing...theres bad drivers every where but I dont want to risk that one idiot who doesnt drive to the conditions and give'sme a bump or worse and then have to wait to try and find parts for such a new vehicle or total it and never be able to get another one. Although that shooting brake looks pretty sweet!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Each to their own! Personally speaking, if I could afford an Edition 1 and the insurance that goes with it, I'd be out there in all weathers, with the best winter tyres available, testing the car's limits. Just as I am with my not-inexpensive GLA250 AMG line.

I'm a bit of a fatalist who, conversely, also believes that if you constantly visualise your car being trashed, you'll probably inadvertantly make it happen! Road salt washes off with a hose - we have to cope with *lots* of salt in the winter where we live, but it's never harmed any car I have beyond the alloy wheels (hence a cheaper set for winters). You'll find crazy drivers threatening your safety all all weathers - in fact, the summer weather tends to bring out the worst in people who think they can overtake before that bend that you are just about to take at speed in the opposite direction! It is for these reasons that I like to be behind the wheel of one of the safest cars available in terms of accident survivability, and from what I can see, the GLA is supreme in this regard.

So, you have a lovely car that is begging to be used, not stored. You have (presumably) insurance that covers you for every eventuality, and you have one of the safest cars on the road if you ever have to leave the road! You (presumably) have the resources to buy smaller winter MB wheels and the best winter tyres (see > http://www.glaownersclub.co.uk/forum/winter-wheels-250-4matic_topic162_page2.html ) and you (presumably) have another vehicle to get about with if anything happens to the GLA (I haven't).

As I said, each to their own, but if I were you, I'd be out there every day, making the most of my new toy, showing the world that I'm not afraid to get it looking like it's just finished a mountain rally stage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts