Mercedes GLA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a GLA in ThailandThey only come in one form here, no options. So the standard is a 1595 petrol engine, 2WD, automatic. The standard specs are fine with electric seat adjustment, Auto climate control, auto dimming mirror, reversing camera, a load compartment package, illuminated door sills, headlamp assist as well as all the standard specs. However you cannot add anything to that except I think they are giving me darkened windows (supposed to keep the sun out)Cosmos black with the crystal grey Artico leather and Corumba fabric. Aluminium trimWill cost me an arm and a leg as there is over 100% duty on imported luxury cars. I think the package costs 46k pounds but all this is relativeSix months delivery but the sales staff were optimistic of it arriving in January. Mercedes have a pretty good set up here with trained staffHave been without a car for 20 years as working in an Asian city where they are unnecessary although I do regularly drive a hire car in Thailand. Not ashairy as people make out but the safety aspects of the Merc are a positive. Many locally made cars only have a couple of airbags for example.Really excited about it and hope to share my experiences in the future

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think in early 2014. Certainly saw references to it in motoring Forums and they had it on their price list when I visited a Mercedes showroom in June. In September when I ordered there were three in the showroomThey only produce one version the GLA 200 urban. Petrol engine automatic

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Popped into Mercedes today and they estimated arrival in early January. They have slightly changed the specifications to raise it by 30 mm and replace the 18" tyres with 19" tyres. I think this is similar to the Indian specifications and makes sense in an Asian setting

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a call from Mercedes that the car has now arrived in the showroom. Hope to pay and pick it up next week. I was originally told 5 months waiting butit has actually taken only 4 months including the shipment to Asia. I hope I am equally impressed with the car

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
scottsing said:
Just got a call from Mercedes that the car has now arrived in the showroom. Hope to pay and pick it up next week. I was originally told 5 months waiting butit has actually taken only 4 months including the shipment to Asia. I hope I am equally impressed with the car
Great news, have you got it now?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arrived a couple of days ago but someone drove a lorry through the internet cable which was only repaired todayGuess it looks just the same as yours except for the palm treesOnly driven about 100km and not disappointed at allonly issue was the red plates in this picture are fake and I got genuine ones fitted within 12 hoursWill let you know my thoughts in a couple of months

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last one, but it is a better side on view. 19" wheels and supposedly raised by 30mm over the original spec cars but you wouldn't know it looking at the pic. Still high enough to get over the potholes and minor floods we get

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks for the picture looks awesome.I agree doesn't look much different to the se/sport but maybe quite a bit different to the UK amgline.definitely makes it look more suv.does it still corner good with not to much roll

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, looks great and yeah the Palm Tree's do make a difference compared to my view out of the window.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts